Help needed with Digitakt: High-pitched noise

Hi, I’ve only had the Digitakt for 2 months and need help with a noise problem. A high pitched noise suddenly appears after a few minutes of jamming and the appearance seems to be random. The noise then remains constant and can be canceled by pressing stop. The noise only seems to occur in one project, I use longer loops over several bars. But as I said, everything works great for minutes. Thanks a million, help is greatly appreciated. Dan

If it’s happening only in one project, it’s likely to be something that you have set up on one of your tracks. Or it’s something related to your delay and reverb feedback. It could be that you have an infinite sustain hold or trigger length set up somewhere.

Load the project, mute all but one of the tracks, and jam with just that one track. Unmute one track at a time, and note when the sound starts. That will at least give you an idea of what is causing the noise.

If it is your delay and reverb settings for that project, it will happen regardless of which tracks you have muted, so try toning down your effect settings first.

2 Likes

Delay feedback is probably over 100

Or there’s a tiny loop setup on a sample with inf playback.

2 Likes

https://youtube.com/shorts/Wb-Woyeu-5U?si=xvvEu8wUt9BVWLP7

I have uploaded a short video to youtube.

The amp envelope you are showing on the track on your video is set to infinitely sustain.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers! How would you play longer loops? I thought one shot and infinite sustain is the way to do it. (I saw it in a tutorial) It seems to work in other projects without the problem. The high pitched noise is definitely not part of my sounds.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the way to make something infinitely sustain, and you have to double tap stop to stop the sound. The sound is coming from one of your tracks, you just need to find out where. Try the method I suggested above.

1 Like

Mute each track to see where the settings are so configured, then clear the track. If you configured the FX settings oddly, you can check that as well.

Ultimately you need to isolate the problem setting and you need to whittle down what it isn’t to find out what parameter(s) need changing.

1 Like

The audio is very quiet, but it sounds to me like what re5et said: a loop with a very small length, which makes always kind of a long note no matter what sample used (snare, bass - it doesn’t matter).

2 Likes