(help!) My Octatrack is adjusting my MachineDrum tracks via MIDI

Greetings Fellow Elekronauts!

I have a show coming up at the end of the week so I’m trying to get this settled as soon as possible. I only noticed it happening yesterday:

I am using an Octatrack and a Machinedrum together. The Octatrack has MIDI out being sent to the MIDI in of the Machinedrum for the purposes of tempo sync and control (only so far as to start the Machinedrum when I press play on the Octatrack).

The other day I noticed that the SD track of the Machinedrum could not be heard. At first I thought it might be broken or muted but then I realized when I moved the Octatrack slider to Scene B I could then hear the SD track.

I also noticed that in one bank the level knob on the Octatrack adjusts the intonation of the SD track on the Machinedrum. This is a problem because I want to tweak the levels without effecting the drums.

It’s unclear to me how this could start happening without me trying to map MIDI to specific controls. I don’t think I even realized you could have that much hands on control over the Machinedrum using the Octatrack (still fairly new to the two wonderful machines). What’s the best way to prevent this from happening while keeping the MIDI sync functioning - I’d also like to be able to press play on the Octatrack and have it start the Machine drum so I’d like to keep “Control” enabled?

I have consulted both manuals and cannot come up with a solution. The idea that I’ll inadvertently adjust the drums while performing is terrifying! Thank you in advance!

-rattkane

Make sure the two machines aren’t sharing any channels other than for program changes. In OT midi setup make sure audio cc out is set to internal only. For OT midi tracks you need to enable cc but check that also to make sure something isn’t sending from there as well.

Awesome thanks tsv, I’ll try this as soon as I get home from work!

Cool. I hope that works for you.

Hey,

I m syncing my OT (master, sends clock and transport) with my Monomachine - sometime it sounds that the MnM swallows something: do you know what it could be?

“no sharing midi chanels” means exactly? - of course both “share internally 1-8” - where do I have to look up?

thanks and all the best

In OT Project settings under MIDI, change Audio CC out to “int” instead of the default “int+ext”. Problem solved. You don’t have to worry about channels.

Do the same for Audio note out if you want to trigger MD sounds only from its own interface.