HELP: Multi-track recording Digitakt & Digitone via Overbridge in Studio One 5

I get a signal. I can hear the audio being played by both devices. I can see the 8 tracks of the DT and the 4 tracks of the DN playing in Studio One. I arm both DT and DN and hit record. It looks like it’s recording (maybe) but when I hit stop, the clip that seemed to be recorded disappears. I’m not new to DAWs but I’m fairly new to Studio One as well as Overbridge, but I watched some tutorials on setting up OB and watched a tutorial on recording in Studio One, but I’m flummoxed as no one goes into detail regarding recording. I have a feeling I’m missing something simple. Any advice? Thanks!

Hello,
If Studio One remove the clip that mean nothing was recorded.
Do you use the OB vst plugin to record your tracks ? (with another soundcard as main soundcard)

If you use the plugin, you should have theses individual outs checked.

then right click on your track list and select “add stereo track” (sorry the screenshot are in french)

Then link the track with an individual out

Then record and it should work

recording

Tips n°1:
You will have the 8 individual mono outputs + 8 stereo tracks linked to theses outputs in your mixing tab. You can hide the individual output to have a better view.

Tips n°2:
OB is quiet, add a preamp plugin on your individual outputs. So when you will record, it will record the FX processed and you will have a higher and better sound already bounced. Freeing some CPU to more FX later on the recorded tracks.

I have a Tascam Model 12 USB multi-track mixer / audio interface. Maybe I’m routing incorrectly. Yes I’m using the OB VST plugin - well, it’s actually the VSTs of both the DG and DN on 2 separate tracks. Here are some screen shots I’ve attached.

Thanks so much. I saw your posts after my last reply. I will go through them and try out and get back to you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did some fiddling and created this step list for Studio One 5 that I figured out. It seems a bit complicated, but it works. Any better ideas?

I had same problem and I had to lower down buffer size in s1 and it worked, I’m using soundcraft mtk12 as an audio interface