Help me hit my dream

Hi! I am Brock Vandyke, and my Rap name is MetroVert! I am currently trying to be good as Juice WRLD! If you guys will help he hit my dream, that would be awesome, and helpful, and I would be thankful!

4 Likes

Hello MetroVert. Welcome to the forum. My suggestions are the same that I give all my students who tell me they want to pursue a career in music.
First is to listen to everyone. Don’t limit yourself to a handful of mcs or the most recent ones, or those who were the most popular, but instead become a student of the history of wordsmithing. There are so many amazing mcs that go unheard of by the masses for one reason or another. You’d be amazed by the talent that is out there, especially amongst the underground.
Also listen to all genres of music, because the more you expand what you listen to, the more inspiration you’ll introduce into your craft.
Write, write, and write some more. The best mcs write literary hours a day, everyday. They also read extensively, and are lovers of poetry. Remember that you can’t break the rules unless you first learn them.
Get yourself a thesaurus and memorize that bad boy. It’s an mcs cheat code.
Work on your beats, and find your own sound. You want to differentiate yourself from others so that you stand out.
Network, network, network. Most of the most successful mcs became so because they knew or met someone who opened doors for them. Get out there and find the door openers.
Lastly, never give up on your dreams, but always have a backup plan. If at first all you know is failure, learn from it and allow it to make you better. Failure is only failure if you don’t learn from it.
Never forget to smile, and be true to yourself and those around you. Good luck.

19 Likes

@jdaddyaz these were some nice and wise words. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You are awesome!

2 Likes

Wow what amazing advice for EVERYONE on the forum - thanks jdaddyaz😇

And welcome metrovert!

2 Likes