Help me confirm: Digitakt thru machine?

To quote the above from @Open_Mike

“People who bought DT now want the new OT because it does more”

“Create a simple DT, no prob for Elektron, reel people in, spiff up OT, sell lots more”

Fair enough that it’s more affordable/immediate & perhaps less daunting, but there seems to be a lot of people already wanting to trade up.

I’d wager it’s been a big earner for them

1 Like

I still think it sounds better than the OT. But the OT has a lot of bells & whistles. I still might prefer to keep the DT. It’s not a clear cut situation.

If the DT’s inputs allowed stereo signals to pass through to be mixed with the DT, and if the parameter changes could slide smoothly like on every other Elektron product, I’d keep it no doubt. If the next OS update for the DT adds new effects, it’d be a total game changer.

Well, I was hinting that with DT more OT’s sell, and many like the DT and those sell too, so no folly from my reply if read in full…
I also mentioned it was a capable machine that can be preferred to the OT, and I think it’s a neat device myself…

1 Like

I’ve had the Octatrack for years too but let me say having the DT for just drum samples it’s awesome and frees up the Octatrack a lot… def serves a purpose I’m glad it’s around

1 Like

Win win, we get more options, they get more sales…
No probs with either device here…

2 Likes