Help me confirm: Digitakt thru machine?

I don’t think the Digitakt has a thru machine like the Octatrack, but just need someone to confirm this. Thank you!

Confirmed

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Oh, and (so far) you can’t use FX on inputs either.

Or A4. I really like to use such feature as well, like you.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, Elektron’s like: "Yeah, I know what you mean- that WOULD be cool…BTW have you heard of the Octatrack? Because it just so happens that there’s a new one, and you CAN do that on there! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: "

1 Like

What a bad mouth.
I am convinced that there will be more on DT.
Haven’t sold it yet. Even if, indeed, OT makes it a bit redundant…

not thru?

1 Like

Are you finding the OT’s reverb and overdrive effects on par with the DT’s? I’m considering trading my DT for one.

We’ll see, but I’m not convinced-at least outside of OB(where I think that will be doubly a reason to buy).

Also, Void’s upcoming sample transfer app for the DT.

Can’t say so.
Sound wise, I largely prefer DT.
But OT is so much deeper!
I use an Eventide Space on the Cue and the Heat on the main, works great :slight_smile:
But even clean, playing with slices, plucking arps or quickly setting scenes make it the OT far above the DT. The later has been unplugged lately…

1 Like

yea there’s no contest really OT is so much more versatile and deep. having said that there’s something to be said for speed when writing.
back in the day when I had an OT I never got anything solid written possibly cause I was still learning it at the time, while now with DT I’ve an albums worth of my best material written in no time. speed and simplicity is definitely a plus.
I still crave for more depth on the DT but it’s engine (possibly due to its auto normalizing I dunno) and it’s UI gives quite instant gratification I find :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ugh, you’re right. I fail. Updated the post/title to correct this.

I love this…
The OTs been out for years and has been amazing… Elektron comes up with the shinny new DT so it must be better, people get. Elektron comes up with OT mk2 which is basically the same as mk1.
People who bought DT now want the new OT because it does more, even though they didn’t want the old one, but they’re pretty much the same…
Also just in gerneral people want OTs again, shinny, new…
Now Elektron sold lots of DT’s and now tons more OTs.
Create a simple DT, no prob for Elektron, reel people in, spiff up OT, sell lots more…
Genius…
Reminds me of this:

Disclaimer:
-I’m not a fanboy or an anti-fanboy, in fact I can’t believe I’m saying fanboy, don’t like the term at all…
-I understand the DT is a capable machine and can still be preferable to an OT.
-I’m not an Elektron conspiracy monger and I could care less about their business decisions.
-I don’t judge anyone if they bought a DT and now want an OT, I love them just the same.

I just find this a funny and interesting phenomenon to observe…

3 Likes

You can’t spell DO IT without :elot:

DO IT

1 Like

It’s like standing at the side of the magician on stage while the people that got into Elektron via the DT sit in the audience

1 Like

I don’t know, I don’t wanna start any trouble, I’m already worried some folks will think I’m being negative, really it’s just an observation…

Nah- both are cool. If I hadn’t already owned an OT then the OT would be the obvious progression from the DT(which looks like an awesome instrument)- that being said, the OT is also an excellent instrument capable of turning sounds into sonic magic <3

All the more, I’m glad more people are getting into Elektron Sampling.

I’m wondering if the Digitakt was a bit of a folly.

In what way?

1 Like