Help i cant understand how to sample

hi s.o.s gose out to all machinedrum uw users i cant figure out how to sample…iam trying to capture a chord from my king korg synth.iam doing what it says in the manual …any tips would be greatly appreciated.
best wishes
carl

Help us to help you by telling us what machines you are using on which tracks of the MD, and what settings you are using on the synthesis page of the RAM-R and RAM-P machines.

Are you following the “Ram Machines Tutorial” segment in the manual? That is about capturing the sound from the Machinedrum itself and re-sampling it, not sampling external devices.

To sample external input, turn MLEV down to -64, and start with setting ILEV at 0. Basically inverting these settings from Step 5 in that tutorial. I think the rest should be about the same.

On the Ram Record machines, MLEV and MBAL mean “Machine Drum Level and Balance”; ILEV and IBAL mean “(External) Input Level and Balance”.

The tutorial focuses on the M values.

(I find these names slightly confusing - I always think the ILEV setting means Internal Level, not External Input Level).

2 Likes

hi peter thanks for reply iam going out of the king korg intoA/B input on the md as per manual instruction iam setting the RAM REC TO M1 and RAM PLAY to M2 In the synthesis page ilev-63 cue-1 - 70 mlev len 127 rate 127

1 Like

hi yes ive been following the manual tutorial …ill try the settings you suggested tomorrow ,ive just finished my session ,and ill get back to you with my results

thanks for reply

HEllo, Can you explain me how to keep and name the sample from input in the machinedrum UW mkII ?

UPUPUPUP

Thanks

Hi there, I need to record from input L/R on the machinedrum uw, I can listen the sample but cannot name it…

Can you explain me how to do that ?

UPP please MD owners…

UPPPPPliz

Is it a way to acheive this or only sysex sampling in memory ?

open Global
open File Manager
on the left there is an option to Rename

2 Likes
  1. RAM to ROM copy
  2. Rename sample (OS 1.62 and higher)
2 Likes

By a midi din cable way ? Or internaly ?

Thanks Of Course !!!

Thank you but, I dont know for the moment how to make an input sample going into this file manager … :slight_smile:

But thank you for your participation :slight_smile:

Night will be long / hot :wink:

1. RAM to ROM copy:

RAM TO ROM COPY
If you want to permanentely store the content of a RAM machine, you can copy it and paste it to a ROM machine.

1. While in the SAMPLE MANAGER menu, move the focus to the RAM machine whose content you wish to copy and then press [FUNCTION] + [REC].
  2. Choose the ROM slot you want to copy the RAM machine to and then press [FUNC- TION] + [STOP]. Since you can’t undo this operation you will be asked whether you want to perform the action or not. Press [ENTER/YES] if you want to proceed with the copy operation.
  3. A prompt will ask if you want to “RELOAD SAMPLES NOW?”.
  4. If you press the [ENTER/YES] button the content of all other RAM machines will be erased. If you want to copy the other RAM machines as well it is very important that you instead press the [EXIT/NO] key.
  5. When you have copied all the RAM machines you can either press the [ENTER/YES] key when being asked if you want to reload the samples, or exit the SAMPLE MAN- AGER. In either way, all the RAM machines will be emptied.
2 Likes
  1. Rename sample:

RENAME SAMPLES
In OS 1.62 or higher you can give each ROM sample an individual name. Up to four char- acters can be used.

1. Select FILE in the GLOBAL EDIT menu. Then select SAMPLE MGR and press [ENTER/ YES].
  2. Select RNAME by using the [UP] and [DOWN] arrows. Confirm the selection by press- ing the [ENTER/YES] button.
  3. Choose which sample you want to rename by using the [UP] and [DOWN] arrows and then press [ENTER/YES]. A window will appear where you can enter a name for the ROM sample.
  4. Use the SOUND SELECTION wheel or the [UP] and [DOWN] keys to cycle through the letters. The [LEFT] and [RIGHT] keys move the cursor backwards and forwards on the line.
2 Likes

Perfect TY !

This help is great TY

1 Like

Honestly, I just copied the manual…
Get a copy, print it and read it :grin:

3 Likes

I know that, English is not my first language and I wasnt okay before copy paste of you sentence in the pdf of MD manual !

The fact is that I was lost in the manual, I think now I’ve understand a lot of things :slight_smile:

Thank you, sample engine in 12 bit is incredible… I will name it klerc :;:smiley: