Help, any one have the same problem maybe?

Hey there,

I just update my rytm with the new os 1.60A. Every time i’m loading a Kit, the pattern is missing :frowning: I try everything out nothing helps. Do anyone know what’s wrong ?
Maybe some one can halo with the issue.

The kit does not know which pattern to load.

Load the pattern; the pattern knows which kit to load.

4 Likes

I load a kit, reload the pattern nothing happens. It’s stay empty.
I try to save the kit with the pattern. Try to reload on the new bank. The problem is still there :frowning:

When you switch to a pattern, the pattern will recall whichever kit number is associated with the pattern.

But I have different problem. If I create a new kit with pattern. Load the new made kit on the new bank. What is happening everything is loaded besides the pattern on the sequencer. So is always the same problem now. I remember it was always way around if I load a kit the pattern was directly on the sequencer. No nothing there empty patterns.

It should really work the other way round: you first need to select a pattern and then load a kit. The kit then becomes linked with the pattern. And the next time you open the pattern, the kit will still be linked to it.

See the AR manual on p. 37: “a pattern contains … a kit linked to the pattern”

1 Like

That’s is the problem no one of the kit linkt to any pattern any more. If I reload presents kits or new made kits, the pattern are disappeared.

As the other responders have said. You don’t get a pattern when you load a kit.

Say you have a kit, KIT1. You go to bank B, pattern 1, which is an EMPTY BLANK PATTERN. Then you load kit KIT1. You still have and should have! an EMPTY BLANK PATTERN. Now you can make a pattern, and the sounds…they come from KIT1. If you change the sounds, and save the kit, any other pattern that uses that kit will also have the sounds change.

Look at the manual, specifically

Patterns are not part of kits, nor kits part of patterns, you just have both, and relate them as needed.

You can take an existing pattern, and change the kit! Or use a kit on any number of patterns.

HTH
Russell

1 Like