Heated politics

Had to do the Whole Foods trip today, a 15min drive. Today it took over an hour, because of this…

I’m incredibly disappointed. I thought Canadians were smarter than this. This was a huge anti-vax protest. Signs of “give us our freedom” and dumb shit like that. They don’t know, nor do I for that matter, what it’s like to actually NOT have your freedom.
I go and live in that States for 20 years and come back to this shit. I don’t know how a feel about this. I mean I even saw fucking Trump sign. WTF!

[DISCLAIMER: I’m Canadian]

5 Likes

I saw yesterday on the news a Canadian screaming freedom against the vaccine surrounded by other Canadians screaming freedom, all without masks, of course.
What makes react our antivax who find it great.
It seems to me that they want the butter, the money for the butter, the smile of the creamer and a trip to Ibiza.
Civilization is turning into a gigantic pile of navel-gazing, angry, uneducated teenagers. Just what was missing.

5 Likes

Personally, I don’t understand why people won’t just take the vaccines and wear masks. Isn’t it easier and cheaper?

2 Likes

I’m Canadian and you are so wrong about this protest its not even funny. There are people from every corner of Canada participating and there are several protest happening right across Canada. There are many immigrants involved that come from countries which used to be communist who see what’s happening here and are saying that they will not let this happen here. Also, there is a very large Sikh contingent as well as many Indigenous peoples.

The amount of disdain from the left for working class truckers is hilarious as well(workers of the world unite!:roll_eyes:) These are people who just want to work. They also think bodily autonomy is non-negotiable(another classic liberal postion) Many of these same protestors are vaccinated and they still see what is going on as wrong. The two positions are not mutually exclusive.

Tell me you only watch corporate media without telling me you only watch corporate media.

Check out the coverage by WION, an Indian based news network with far more balance, and you will find something closer to the truth.

1 Like

So that a minority imposes its “point of view” on the majority is a source of freedom?

If your rights aren’t there when they are most needed than you never even had them to begin with. The whole point is to stop the majority from subjegating the minority!

Reminds me of the story of two wolves and a sheep discussing whats to be had for dinner…:thinking:

1 Like

Me it reminds me that each (all) these demonstration anti vax usurp the word freedom, emit very questionable “truths” while denouncing the lies of state and that inflates me.
“Sin vergüenza” would have said my grandmother.

1 Like

Yeah and my momma said “knock you out!”

Bodily autonomy is non-negotiable end of.

be careful, basically I agree with you but your sentence is “tricky”, the majority is not always right, and fortunately sometimes the minorities fought to defend their point of view (but there is obviously a big difference between defending the freedom of all and defending your own freedom at the expense of the majority)

you’re saying im not Canadian?
born and raised dude. many more years as a Nuck than you would be my guess.

just wear a fucking mask till this shit is over. you get a drivers license cuz you have to. you get car insurance cuz you have to. you get vaccines so you can goto school. just do something for the good of everyone and stop thinking about yourself.

do you think I LIKE wearing a mask? it fucking sucks. but there are people around me, THAT, should they get sick because of me…then im an asshole. I ALWAYS look out for those around me. THAT is Canadian. blocking roads and disrupting commerce because your too small to suck it up for a bit…that to me is NOT CANADIAN at all.

believe me ill be HAPPY when this mask shit is over. but till then, I will do what is requested. that is what being a citizen is.

2 Likes

That’s good for you. You sound like a good compliant Canadian. I never said you weren’t only that I was as well and that we are not some monolith with the exact same ideals.

People should not lose their ability to work because they choose their own health path.

there’s choice and there is common decency. you can’t smoke indoors. remember those days when you could. what a shit show when that rule was enforced. its not a thing anymore.

STRONG IS THE TREE THAT BENDS.

is that what this is about “you are not the boss of me”? grow up.

im done with you BUD-DEH

Right because that’s the same as the state telling you what you must put in your body. You understand they can pull this anytime with anything now right. You won’t get to draw a line in the sand anymore.

:man_facepalming:t6: …disappointing.

i feel another ban coming on

Like someone should get banned for a differing opinion? How progressive! :laughing:

no see you project…im talking about me dude. I’ve been banned a few times. I feel like im on the precipice. stop assuming its all about you. there ARE other people.

Gotcha, well don’t hold back on my account. I’ve got thick skin.

cool…but its not you that im worried about.

Damn the man!

[[end of line]]