Heat doesn't process audio when used as a sound card

Hi, I recently started using my Heat MK2 as a sound card at the end of my signal chain to record my synth jams in to Ableton, however it doesn’t process the audio? Is this normal behaviour, will it only process audio when used with Overbridge?

Thanks in advance

Hello,
I had the same behavior when I started using my heat as soundcard. Yes it’s a normal behavior. What I learned with many test:

• In OB mode, it’s just a sound card IN/OUT, if you want the FX, you have to use the VST plugin on the master bus.
  • In OB mode, you can use the Heat standalone app to record the FX return, it will record you jam in a single wav file with the FX applied.
  • In USB Audio/Midi mode, you can route as you want, set FX on the input, or on the output or both or nothing. But, I never succeed to make it work well with Audacity or any recorder. There is always an issue of frequency and buffer size. (tried many param). Work well as output.

So, for your case, use OB mode, and apply plugin or record your jam with the heat application and process it in your DAW.