Have a Push 1? Performer just updated to 0.9

Here are specs for the latest version:
Just contact me if you wanna beta test.

Performer 0.9 beta (Custom Keypads 0.1 alpha.)
Specs.

- All parameters are per snapshot basis except when explicitly indicated.
- The Octatrack Crossfader could be replaced by any custom MIDI controller, gestures may not work as expected. (The Octatrack crossfader is a really fast bad ass crossfader :slight_smile:

Handled Parameters

Analog Four/Keys’s:

[ul]
[li]Mutes (4 + FX track)[/li]
[li]Levels (4 + FX track)[/li]
[li]Performance Knobs (10)[/li]
[li]Pattern[/li]
[/ul]

RYTM

[ul]
[li]Mutes (12)[/li]
[li]Levels (12)[/li]
[li]Performance Pads (12)[/li]
[li]Scene[/li]
[li]Pattern[/li]
[/ul]

Octatrack’s:

[ul]
[li]Mutes (7 x Audio Track, 8 x MIDI tracks)[/li]
[li]Levels (7)[/li]
[li]Scene A and B[/li]
[li]Pattern[/li]
[li]16 custom CCs[/li]
[/ul]

Modulation Sources

A modulated parameter is always free to be changed by any means. Working directly on the parameter at the machine while modulating it on Performer at the same time is also possible.

[ul]
[li]Octatrack Crossfader Modulation: Can control any of the handled parameters. Modulation is relative.[/li]
[li]Octatrack Crossfader Xactions: Control states with hot zones.[/li]
[li]Ableton PushStrip (can control Levels and Performance values). Support relative nudging and inertia. It’s actual value (if needed) can be stored and recalled in a per snapshot basis.[/li]
[/ul]

Mutes Handling

[ul]
[li]Control all Mutes from a 4x8 pad’s grid on the Push Controller.[/li]
[li]Differentiated colours for each device[/li]
[li]Bidirectional control and visual feedback.[/li]
[li]Octatrack Crossfade XAction.[/li]
[li]Hold Mode: Changes to Mutes will be queued. Then is possible to commit all at once by using a dedicated key or the Octatrack Crossfader’s hot zones (optional). [/li]
[li]Supports single and multiple queue cancel.[/li]
[li]Hold state is persistent: You can commit Queued Mutes even after leaving Hold mode.[/li]
[li]Quantise Mode: Changes to Mutes will be queued then committed automatically by the quantise engine.[/li]
[li]Tap Mode: Momentary by-pass Hold and Quantise modes with a slightly pressure. Designed for single hand operation.[/li]
[li]Hold and Quantise can operate at the same time.[/li]
[/ul]

Levels Handling

[ul]
[li]Control all Levels using Push Controller’s knobs. [/li]
[li]Level values will appear on Push’s Display in a 8x3 grid.[/li]
[li]Easy row editing change. (2 methods)[/li]
[li]Bidirectional control and visual feedback. [/li]
[li]Allows Octatrack Crossfade Modulation.[/li]
[/ul]

Performance values Handling

[ul]
[li]Control all Performance values using Push Controller’s knobs. [/li]
[li]Performance values will appear on Push’s Display in 8x3 rows.[/li]
[/ul]

Custom MIDI CC Handling

[ul]
[li]Control 16 Custom CC using Push Controller’s knobs. (to be used with Octatrack MIDI Custom CCs or Custom Device)[/li]
[li]CC values will appear on Push’s Display in an 8x1 row on the Levels display, and on an 8x1 row on the Performance Values display . [/li]
[/ul]

Pattern Handling and Scenes Handling

[ul]
[li]Allows Octatrack Crossfade XAction.[/li]
[/ul]

Quantise Engine

[ul]
[li]MIDI Clock sync-able.[/li]
[li]Custom cycle length (in a per snapshot basis).[/li]
[li]Visual Metronome on Push controller[/li]
[/ul]

Snapshots Store and Recall

[ul]
[li]16 snapshots per bank.[/li]
[li]64 banks per project.[/li]
[li]Dedicated 4x4 keypad’s grid for quick snapshot recall/store.[/li]
[li]Selective Parameter recalling. Just active parameters are recalled (active parameter state is stored with each parameter in a per snapshot basis).[/li]
[li]Auto Store programming parameters (performing parameters need to be explicitly stored).[/li]
[li]Single parameter store. Easily update a single parameter to the current snapshot.[/li]
[li]Bulk Store. Store parameters to the whole bank.[/li]
[li]Visual feedback for snapshots. Empty, Used, Selected.[/li]
[li]Snapshot Naming. Can preview on Push’s display[/li]
[li]Dedicated Push’s knob to change banks. [/li]
[li]Bank content preview on it’s grid. [/li]
[li]Bank Name preview on Push Controller’s Display.[/li]
[li]Hold Mode[/li]
[li]Quantise Mode.[/li]
[li]Allows momentary use of the Octatrack Crossfader hot zones to commit Hold.[/li]
[li]Import/Export[/li]
[/ul]

Alternative Recalling Methods

Push’s Left and Right arrows.

[ul]
[li]Use push left and right arrows to jump to the previous or to the next stored snapshot, even if that snapshot is on another bank.[/li]
[/ul]

Autopilot

Used for automatic and semiautomatic snapshot recalling.

[ul]
[li]Actions: Reload, Next, Previous, Goto #, Return.[/li]
[li]Triggers: Quantise, Manual, external PGM (doesn’t relays on e#[/li]
[li]xternal PGM value, it is just a trigger)[/li]
[li]Triggers can be combined.[/li]
[li]Push’s down arrow is used to commit action when using Manual as trigger.[/li]
[li]When using Manual as trigger the Octatrack Crossfader hot zones can be momentary enabled to commit the action.[/li]
[/ul]

Octatrack Crossfader Gestures

Used for semiautomatic snapshot recalling.

[ul]
[li]4 initiating gestures: A.A. , B.B., A.A. then AB, B.B then AB.[/li]
[li]Triggers: Quantise, Manual, external PGM (doesn’t relays on external PGM value, it is just a trigger)[/li]
[li]Triggers can be combined.[/li]
[li]Actions (in a per gesture basis): Reload, Next, Previous, Goto #, Return.[/li]
[li]Push’s down arrow is used to commit action when using Manual as trigger.[/li]
[li]When using Manual as trigger the Octatrack Crossfader hot zones can be momentary enabled to commit the action.[/li]
[/ul]

Map to PGM

Associate any snapshot to a PGM number. When a PGM is received from the selected machine, the associated snapshot will be recalled. Supports Octatrack’s 256 pattern system (2x128)

Direct Recall by MIDI note.

Recall a snapshot by sending a MIDI note from the Octatrack or the custom controller.

Velocity = Pattern
Pitch = Snapshot Number (start point to be defined)

[ul]
[li]Use the Octatrack’s chromatic Keyboard to recall 16 snapshots.[/li]
[li]Use the Octatrack’s Arranger to remote recall parameters.[/li]
[li]Change velocity on Octatrack’s MIDI track to access different banks.[/li]
[li]Use Arranger Pitch transpose to access 16 snapshots with a single OT pattern.[/li]
[li]Transpose +12 for quantised/holden changes.[/li]
[/ul]

Custom Keypads Highlights

Global:

[ul]
[li]16 Keypads arranged in a 4x4 pads’s grid.[/li]
[li]Per snapshot basis. You can have a different SET for each snapshot, that is 1024 KeyPad’s Sets per project.[/li]
[li]Exclusive import/export function that load/saves the current snapshot Kit, so you can import it in other project, or share it with your friends, have your own library, scales collection, etc.[/li]
[/ul]

Per Keypad:

[ul]
[li]5 messages (voices) per Keypad.[/li]
[li]4 launch modes: Key, Switch, Re-trigger, Smart (Re-trigger if altered, switch if same).[/li]
[li]4 Auto (autoplay) modes: off, Always, If Active, If Altered, If Active and Altered.[/li]
[li]4 Voices mode: Poly, Cycle, Random, Other.[/li]
[li]Random/Cycle/Other can be linked or asynchronous.[/li]
[li]8 Choke/Mono groups.[/li]
[li]Legato.[/li]
[li]Quantise: from 1/16 to 4 Bars (no thirds here but is possible using the Repeater).[/li]
[li]Shift Quantise. Shift the quantise point in 1/16 steps, either positive or negative) Yes there is no need to press a pad on the begging of the bar to have it playing a note on the latest 16th on the 4th bar. just press it whenever you want and it will play in the right moment.[/li]
[li]Micro timing adjust in dots.[/li]
[li]Quantise note Off messages.[/li]
[li]PreQuantise value. (applies to the note off and cc on).[/li]
[li]Repeater. from 1/16 to 8 bars and all in between (in 1/16 steps).[/li]
[/ul]

Per Message:

[ul]
[li]Can send a MIDI note, a MIDI CC, or both.[/li]
[li]Each Note and CC has their independent destination Device and MIDI channel. i.e You can send several notes and CCs to different devices at the same time by pressing a single keypad.[/li]
[li]Velocity sensitive or Fixed Velocity for Note messages (random and curves coming soon!)[/li]
[li]Independent Min and Max Values for CC messages. (velocity to Max Val and pressure to Max Val coming soon)[/li]
[li]Each message has its own Delay and Length (musical values synced to Master Tempo). You can create micro phrases, ad-libs, etc.[/li]
[li]Can play Cycle, Random and Other, asynchronous (i.e. 3 notes 5 CCs)[/li]
[/ul]

Some uses for the Custom Keypads are:

[ul]
[li]Play arpeggios quantised.[/li]
[li]Construct arpeggios smartly. i.e. 4 Keypads for the bass that behaves monophonic and quantised, and other 4 keypads with chords or some high notes. Try them, combine them, record them live to your machines.[/li]
[li]Construct stackable polyrhythmic modulations.[/li]
[li]Do more with less keys. You have some voices shouts or fill effects you use to add dynamic to your track? Add them as multiple messages to a single keypad in Cycle mode. Now you can shoot them all using a single Keypad. Set Voice Mode to Random and get surprised.[/li]
[li]Assign different Sample Slices (RYTM or Octatrack) to different Keypads, then play them and/or record them live.[/li]
[li]By CC locking pitch values, create custom chord scales. Get four notes chords (even 5) on the Analog Four using just a single Analog Four’s voice. Note that you can record them Live too!.[/li]
[li]Create micro phrases / Arpeggios.[/li]
[li]Wet/dry effects, control sends, etc. Momentary or Switch.[/li]
[li]Create multiple variations or accessories. i.e. You can have the main snare on the RYTM and have two keypads on Performer, one with a sequence for the rim, and another with some brush fills sequence. Then you can control them independently, turn them on or off at will, and even position rotate them in real time.[/li]
[li]Multiply your RYTM tracks by two. If your filter is open and you are using only one engine (sample or synth) for a track, you can have a completely independent track using the other engine. Synth and Sample aren’t affected in what concerns to the monophonic behaviour, so you can have for example the synth engine playing a closed hat in sixteens and a single sampled white noise burst that decays on the whole 4 bars and trigger it whenever you want using a keypad.[/li]
[li]Send static NRPN messages using a pair of CC messages.[/li]
[/ul]

Hi,
thats quite a list, sounds yummi :slight_smile:
got a dark trinity, live suite and the push one and would love to test it.

Cheers,
Goat

Great! May I add you to the Performer beta Facebook group?

yes! what info do you need for that?

Greetings,
Goat

just fill this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mci9rrxigchsuoM7xmIov-93NRkjwUzT17lO7STAxoE/viewform?usp=send_form

done!

Cheers
Goat

0.9 It’s ready :slight_smile:
Please read the quick start guide and watch the intro video!

this looks AWESOME man, does it work with Push 2?

absolutely fantastic work

*edit just saw in the readme you haven’t a push2 to test with… will try it out, but geez someone should lend/give you a push2 to try!!!

Not the display for sure, dunno about the rest, I haven´t a Push 2 to test/work.

0.9.1 is ready: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y13bojtyq2kg5lr/AABlxRHfDlzUcKBOw__YTLRBa?dl=0

Some bugs related to patterns changes are fixed, also other minor bugs.

After some complains about missing modules now Performer will be delivered a s collective (al sub patches are consolidated into a single file), source patches are still available on request.

Happy performing!

NEW VIDEO:

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/video-performer-0-9-in-action/19023

and another one. :slight_smile:

Any chance of a version for Push 2? Looks great! Good work @gbravetti

1 Like

Hey, thanks!
This year for sure. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great news!! Thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a second for the push 2 version

1 Like

I’m finishing polishing some details on performer, adding support for Analog Heat etc., now with Push 1, then I will work a bit on my show, then I’ll focus on Push 2 development. I think if all goes right, in 3 months I´ll start with Push 2

2 Likes

I’m setting a reminder. In 3 months if you haven’t started, me and the boys are coming round to sort you out!!

3 Likes

@gbravetti maybe we could post out on here seeing if anyone could assist in developing? Or would you rather not? I can’t code otherwise would happily help!

Well, the thing is that the code on many areas of the patch is not definitive, I’m testing the workflow daily to see if it really works on the practice, and in the meantime I’m upgrading my own code to a more effective and elegant one. The actual code works, but could be a lot better. I think most of the code that hasn’t been upgrade yet will be too hard to understand, and same as hard to explain, it is even for me. :slight_smile: