Has anyone managed to do slides with the Mam MB33?

Hey

Still can’t for the life of me manage slides using the Mam MB33 acid module when sequenced by the OT. Have lengthened the notes so they overlap but I just can’t get that sexy 303 slide :frowning:

Anyone mamage to get those delicious slides from their MB33 via the OT?

1 Like

On the Digi boxes it’s just a case of two adjacent trigs, extend the length of the first until there is some overlap and you have a slide.

(I don’t have an OT so can’t comment specifically on that, I’d imagine it’s the same)

Turn on legato on the arp page.

1 Like

Try the nlen on the arp page.

This. You don’t need to be using the arp for it to work either. Just P-Lock it on the steps where you want the slide.

2 Likes

Turn legato on. Leave it on. You synth must have glide/slide for this to work, make sure it is on.
Now set your note length to the shortest note you want (1/16th) then plock the longer notes. Longer notes will overlap the shorter ones, hey presto, glide.

2 Likes

The note you want to slide from needs to be long enough to reach the note your sliding to.
P-lock arp Leg to “on” on the step your sliding to.
Should work.

1 Like

On the mb33 you need to play 2 notes at once to get slides.

Because I had two spare midi tracks on the Digitone I used both of them to sequence the mb33. That way you have 3 pattern per digibla pattern (t1 or t2 - or t1 and t2). This gives variation and easy slide programming. If you want to use accent you need to sequence more than 110 velocity.

2 Likes

I don’t have an MB33, but overlapping notes should work, no?

Just make sure the first note is at least long enough to reach the next one and turn on legato. Works with my mb33. Nice randomisations can also be made with two MIDI tracks on the same channel with different track lengths and cond. trigs.

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like