Has anyone ever here used Sidstation through pedals?

So, Sidstation happens to be an old piece of Elektron gear that I happen to use. It’s a pretty quirky device with a rather unique sounds. I was just wondering if you’ve ever used Sidstation with effect pedals?

I’ve experimented with a guitar distortion a couple of times. Distortion however excerbates the background noise a lot. I think it actually gives some interesting results sometimes and can result in these interesting drones. But often if it is a bit too much. I think it could work with a noise gate.

I’ve been thinking of perhaps getting some kind of reverb, delay, chorus or phaser to make it sound a bit juicier. Of course I could add FX afterwards but I’m trying to minimize the use of computer.

Anyway, if anyone has ever used pedals with Sidstation could you tell about:

1. What you did and was it any good?
  2. How were the sound levels
  3. How was the noise level

Use mine with a moog delay pedal. Controlling the gain etc helps when going straight to the pedal but never had any issues.

I sometimes put a gate on recordings and apply the delay afterwards if there’s noise etc I don’t want but not often. Which could be done with the right hardware if you want to avoid the computer.

I usually don’t mind the noise, but yeah I might eq etc first if it’s bothering me.

The sounds of the sid work well with delay I think. Especially with analog delays that can cut off a lot of the harsher highs with longer delay times.

1 Like

Nice! Do you have any sound examples? Do you have any analog delays you could recommend?