Handsomeaudio Zulu

I just asked about the prices because I’m skint for the next six months after having bought an analog heat, among others. I cannot afford anything right now. I’m sure the intro price will have gone in six months… O’well.

@Prints got yours yet? You liking it?

They’re not out yet. I’m in a similar situation to you though; post Christmas, pre-NAMM & pre-tax-return is always the worst time for me to be buying gear. I’m actually in the process of having to sell my OB6 in order to revitalize my credit card.

OB6… oh man. You feel bad for having to let it go?

Ah man, thanks sucks losing the OB6. Maybe behringer will be kind enough to make us an affordable one some point :wink:

I don’t feel too bad about getting rid of the OB6 because I know I’m going to replace it with either a Micromonsta, Dreadbox Abyss, or wait for the Deepmind 12 module. Maybe I’ll just get an OB6 module and revitalize my CC by about only $600.

1 Like

Just paid for mine. I will have a review as soon as it arrives.

3 Likes

Mine just shipped yesterday. I should have it in my hands next week. I’ll post soundcloud examples with notes on what was used.

5 Likes

Eagerly waiting for your demos sir!

Cheers

1 Like

She’s a beauty. Gonna put her through her paces this weekend

6 Likes

Glorious piece of kit/art, please post many samples!

You had a play yet? Super curious for some ‘hands on’ user feedback for this unit.

Forgot to get a female XLR to 1/4" to feed into the clarett. I’m going to the music store during lunchbreak. I may have demos as early as tomorrow 03/11 if not 03/12. Dude I am hyped. There’s a lot of possibilities with this thing. I do software testing all day and am already building a Google doc for signal paths and examples.

First demo will be my EPS loops 14.9khz x 6.25khz in Live 9 to SSL Xdesk to Zulu to Clarett. :grin:

3 Likes

so, to get my heads up: What the hell is this?? Is it a tape saturator effect? Tape Simulator? 700 $ seems a bit pricey for “just” that. What does it actually do? And how can it enhance my Synths if i already have a Heat?

Cool, interested to hear how you feel about it. Especially the 4-track cassette settings :wink:

If it totally nails (a variety of) tape then it’s a reasonable price. Used tape decks are more and more expensive and costly to maintain. And don’t do ‘realtime’…

I got schooled pretty hard about the shortcomings of plugin alternatives earlier in the thread. But I like the sound I’m getting currently with combinations of Satin/Virtual Tape/Kaya/Decimort 2. First time I genuinely haven’t missed my old tascam 388… Doesn’t sound ‘exactly’ the same but I dig the sound I have now just as much as my old tape recordings sound. And it’s all multiple instance/super convenient/flexible etc.

That’s all at mixing stage tho… For shows and ‘hands on during tracking’ I’m pretty tempted to eventually grab one of these or heat.

Edit - yeah at a glance it does seem overpriced compared to Heat. Guessing it has some expensive/high-grade components? Maybe someone can open it up and elaborate on that aspect? Might even have already been covered earlier in this thread?

Two words. Altran Transformers for input. Altran Transformers are used on API and Neve devices in many studios. Shhhh. Special sauce. One more hour until the music store opens.

2 Likes

super interested putting this before my b2, thanks for wiling to spend the time to share the demos voodoo, looking forward to it. :heart_decoration:

ok, so it is a Tape Simulator and like @v00d00ppl said it has some sweat components inside. K, got what it is now. Well, not for me then. I just aquired the Heat and think that even that one is a bit pricey for a bit of Overdrive :slight_smile: Added the ARP Odyssey, System1 and stuff yesterday … damn, i think i spent enough just now! :smiley: im out.

1 Like

Take time to learn the Heat in and out with the sweet spots. Do tests on which sweet spots work bests on kick, snares, leads, sub bass, etc. This will help you in tracking your recordings in and give it slight character. Learn to work the Heat in a subtle way. With stereo analog filter boxes the best skill to learn is how to make things more subtle.

Don’t get me wrong we all want to sound like Atari Teenage Riot sometimes but the subtle things you do to the mix or recording chain of your music can help add musicality without being overbearing. Enjoy your goodies man. I can’t wait to get home already. Two more hours bro.

2 Likes

Yeah really keen to hear how this unit sounds voodoo, particularly the fact it is all passive. Was close to buying also but couldn’t pull trigger in the end without demos/reviews.
End product looks great too :+1: