Got inspiring OT performances to share?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNvF_YWDk6G/?igshid=1rc3mor5mzcis

Mark Broom has been pumping out some cracking OT videos. There’s loads on his IG.

1 Like

Not OT but still something I come back too for inspiration.

*there’s an OT right next to the MD.

7 Likes

This is inspiring and all around awesome and has an Octatrack. Thanks for posting.

2 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying VoltageCtrlRtv’s performances https://www.youtube.com/user/VoltageCtrlRtv

1 Like

This explanation and performance of using the comb filter made me buy it. I use the comb filter quite a bit still but this vid is awesome!

5 Likes

Loved Max’s OT vids. My favorite is the one where he explains why not to get one. Made me want one haha.

1 Like

these are really really great! lot to learn from them. beer and burps as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love all your contributions! They helped me a lot find my own way. But there’s no way around it… you gotta dive deep in the manual and tutorials to find the gems that will suit you… everything is scattered around. Some useful things are not addressed as much, like track trigs (it’s right there on the front panel, but to use it, free play mode is kinda hidden), the possibilities of the LFO designer… the MIDI section is great. With that many LFOs, I’ve turned an otherwise very good Reface CS into an incredibly organic synth.

I’m starting to feel pretty comfortable with this thing, and I don’t spend nearly as much time as I used to wondering why there’s no f sound coming out of this f track i swear i’m going crazy. I still have a lot to learn, I’ve seen some crazy out-the-box thinking lately…

Keep 'em coming!

1 Like

Kinda short, but sweet

Cool one, those beers next to the OT had me tense

Nice sounds and super flowy:) are you mixing stems, full tracks, or sequences samples here?

1 Like

Thank you!
For the most part, these are 4 bar loops from my songs that I arranged and mixed in ableton.
I make separate loops for the essential sections of these song, and I bounce Kick, Drums, Bass, and 3 melodic stems separately. One track for resampling, track 8 was master I believe.

Some of these loops are sliced up, to apply random lfo’s to the slice number with the crossfader and remixing them live etc. The transitions are all made with resampling and manipulating the resampled material

1 Like

My latest set of some in-progress material and last set with my previous live setup.