Goodbye Elektron & A New Chapter

Good luck moving forward, Cenk. You always struck me as a super nice and competent human being. In a way it seems fitting, that I just recently sold my last Elektron. Very different vibe these days, and a lot less magic.

Godspeed :+1:

2 Likes

People like Cenk, Ess, Olleā€¦ was all of the FUN in Elektron for me. They were (and still are for sure) very inspiring and master on their favorite elektron gears. I donā€™t know them IRL, i still never meet themā€¦ but with elektronauts and youtube i feel they were close in some degree : passion for music, live tweaking, geek fm for ess :slight_smile:

I donā€™t know to explain how i feelā€¦ but each decades something disconnect or change and itā€™s hurt. hurt less than a death for sure, but still hurts.

I guess we will have to cope with new elektron fresh bloodā€¦ by learning from scratch to know themā€¦ it will take some time.

Cenk aka @Dataline you will be missed as part of elektron. But youā€™re in my heart with a lot of buddies i respect and THAT not going to change for sure. i wish you all the best for what will be next. I hope we meet one dayā€¦ meanwhile! you have all my gratitude for what youā€™ve accomplished so far :heart:

Williams

NB: to hear more dataline music and more live performance because of more free time will be a good thing for you and us

14 Likes

ā€¦U sold it to most people here, my friendā€¦

and U are the last loss on the payroll, that will change this company into a totally different thing from here onā€¦

and they will start to feel that difference, sooner than laterā€¦

the swedish braindrain came to itā€™s low dip a while ago alreadyā€¦
now even the charme is goneā€¦

another next new groovebox anybody?..but boutique and familyaffair days are overā€¦

1 Like

That kinda sucks, but working for a company for 10 years is a long time and during this time every company changes. And I donā€™t mean in a good or bad way, just changing and adopting to the time. And for some that means time to move on.

I wondered for a long time now why the Elektron Youtube channel has been so boring, having such a genius at hand to be able to create the coolest tutorials and introduction videos on this planet. Look at how many tutorials Novation or AKAI have on their channel. Is it so expensive to do that? :thinking:

I dont really know, what was Cenks job in Berlin?

Hopefully now he can do more of the things he likes to do maybe as a freelancer for many other brands. There should be enough companies that are interested in his skills.

And Elektron like many other brands will send their devices to him and all the other youtubers like Loopop or Bobeats or Red Means Recording or whatever. Even Sonicstate seems to move on from straight product presentations as there are too many on youtube now.

Oh and thanks @Dataline for being the main trigger to go down the Elektron route.

Please only work for cool companies because I will most probably purchase anything that you show off :grin:

2 Likes

Goodbye and good luck, Cenk! Elektron will not be the same without you.

Heartfelt best wishes for your future endeavors, whatever they may be! :heart::pray: :metal:

5 Likes

End of Elektron career summation

Cenk Profit for Elektron Ā£5 million in sales
Cenk wages from Elektron Ā£50kp/a

Wherever you go you are a bargain!

7 Likes

Sharp turn? That canā€™t be good :no_mouth:
Not another subscribe-to-this-trap-sound-packs-company I hope :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Good luck to you in the future

2 Likes

Gawd what is going on?? I will really miss seeing Cenk at Elektronā€¦ It feels like he belongs thereā€¦ Anywayā€¦he will still be around. Iā€™m really worried about Elektronā€¦ They are really one of there kindā€¦ Gothernman is such a tiny company and really different, cool, but not as swagged out as Elektron. I really love Elektron, if Cenk left because of the direction, this canā€™t be goodā€¦

5 Likes

I fear that without Dataline, there can be no balance in the force

3 Likes

How do we read between the lines? Anywho, All the best Cenk!

11 Likes

and one turkish farewall coming from here.

Yolun acik olsun Cenk! Elektronā€™u kalici olarak sevdirdin, acaba simdi bana baska neyi sevdireceksin 4 gozle bekliyorum. Umarim surekli gulmeye devam edersin!

Thank you so much Cenk, you have been so inspirational to many of us. I wish you the best.
With your passion for music I see a bright future ahead of you.
See you around.
Cheers.

1 Like

Thank you Cenk! big reason for getting me into the octatrack and rytm. I do hope Elektron doesnā€™t stray from their design philosophy. Reading this thread makes me feel heavy.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Feels like a punch in the guts, pretty sad to see you gone, Cenk.
Youā€™ve been the legend for years, I owe you for introducing me to the Elektron world with your clean and musical videosā€¦
Really enjoy the menu randomization, much fun, thank you!

Wish you the best, @Dataline!
Hope you find a way to express and develop this incredible talent of yours!
I feel like your voice as a power user deserves the right ear.

22 Likes

Good luck, and take care! Hope the future finds you well. Please drop us a note should your next endeavor be a public one. Iā€™m sure most of us will be interested to see what comes!

2 Likes

Ah, the good old exciting days. What a legend he is :slight_smile:
Good luck Cenk and I wish you the best!

24 Likes

Haha brilliant!

1 Like

Please tell us what this recent sharp turn is. Product wise? Politically? Ethical? Why? How? We need to know.

Best of luck and thank you for the inspiration and tutelage!

1 Like