Goodbye Elektron & A New Chapter

Wish you all the best Cenk

2 Likes

Deeply saddened by this, but I hope the new chapter is bigger and better for you! I bought each Elektron device I ever owned directly because of your ability to showcase them.

Multiple Analog Rytms, multiple Digitakts, Digitone, Analog Heat, and Analog Keys - all purchased because you made the boxes LOOK FUN. I wish you the best of luck!

5 Likes

All the best for the future @Dataline. You’ve clearly given a huge amount of time, energy and love to the Elektron products and the community. I got curious after seeing some of your videos and I often watch the ones with Nick Batt again for no real reason, I don’t even own the gear! Tribute to your relaxed style and ability to show what these boxes can do.

I’m sure you’ll have a bright future with whatever comes next and I hope you enjoy making more music and performing live if world circumstances allow you to do so!

5 Likes

Best of luck :wink:

1 Like

I actually went to musikmesse in Frankfurt, before buying the A4 - cenk explained that overbrige thing to me- and that got me into Elektron. Unfortunately Overbridge didn’t really work for me (but i bought a lot of great mixers to compensate.) So, i think Cenk did a really fantastic job showing off what these machines can do, if someone is proficient with them. At least from the community side i can say cenk sold me A4, RYTM, OT and Digitone. (Ok once into the brand - its hard to resist.) And i still think about trying out the Digitakt even with an MPC One. Part of that tempting is for sure also that great marketing which didnt feel like marketing when Cenk did a Video - it felt more like a friendly instructor - a teacher - more than a sales person, so that was a exceptional job done.

7 Likes

Yeah what to say…

It was a great journey, sad that it had to come to an end.
Your talent as a performer need no further comment; simply great.

While at Elektron Cenk was always my compass when trying out new ideas. If he didn’t think it was fun it was back to the drawing board. He deserves a lot of credit for his tenacity in making sure that what we delivered was engaging and on point. I wish his advice had been taken more into account sometimes, although we would have missed out on that soccer match. :rofl:

Here’s to the final boss of product design!
To this day I still sweat a bit when showing off new things. :smiley:

133 Likes

…every company has to face times of overstrechting…

and if they listen to their staff and their user base, evertyhing is going to be fine in most cases and end of most days…

once they stop listening to their staff and user base, the story soon comes to an end…

and i also whish his advice and expertise, based on so much truu front end experience, would have been taken more into account…

but this story knows no happy ending either way…

whatsoever…it’s time for some coffee meet 'n mingle again, once berlin is back in summer mode…time for next new plans…only A’s…no B’s…

1 Like

Hey Cenk - best wishes from an old Elektron User. Keep onward to the next level.

3 Likes

Hi Cenk,
that was a real surprise. First time I saw you as an OT wizard somewhere in a hotel lobby
I was total addicted to the OT and for me it’s still a leading machine in the hardware world and a centerpiece. And if I met you on Musikmesse or Superbooth it was always the way it should be. Thank you for that.

Let see what interesting thinks come next.

thanks for everything! looking forward to more music from you. Take care and all the best.

Wishing you the best!

It sucks to see the drain of brilliant employees a company change can create and the after effects of that drain to the products in the future, at the same time from my experience working in tech: this is probably going to be for the better to all of us.

I say that because usually when the brilliant employees of a hot new company leave, they start to create their own paths, with less limitations from the previous employer and can focus on the vision they created over years (and in case of Cenk, a decade) of hands-on experience.

It will probably suck for us that love Elektron as it was, that Elektron is probably going to be a memory, but it’s super exciting to see what Ess, Cenk, Olle and others will create from now on with all the accumulated experience and none of the cruft of having to conform to Elektron’s whims.

Best wishes, Cenk, from someone who only got into music because of instruments you’ve worked on, thanks for helping me discover this whole universe called “making music” :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank for those inspirations !

yes

Nice picture! :heart:

This somehow could evoke a collective nostalgia - it is like being tourists in our own past. :tongue:

1 Like

Big up Sir !

1 Like

Such good memories with you Cenk and Johann at our dave festival in Dresden. Remember you saying goodbye „ … this year I was here as a friend.“. Hugs!!!

12 Likes

Last night I had a very vivid dream in which Elektron announced they were completely closing shop at the end of this week. I then scrambled to get a new OT while I still could.

All the speculation triggered by Cenk is getting to me it seems :smile:

3 Likes

I keep watching A4 and DN demos and tutorials, thinking I should pick one up before “the change”.

1 Like

I remember at the BPM trade show in Birmingham NEC maybe 8 or 9 years ago, and I saw the Elektron stand and these strange looking instruments, Monomachine, machine drum and octatrack and the stand was very quiet I was the only one there , and you came over to me to explain the products, I didn’t know who you were then or anything really about Elektron, but have really enjoyed watching your demo’s over the years, anyway good luck cenk for the future, top man !!

2 Likes