Good kick drum synth to work with digitakt?

You can use the Digitakt to synthesize kicks.

Loop, pitch down, filter, envelope, and LFO

1 Like

Norddrum, Mbase01

2 Likes

Yep, Nord Drum 1 or 2 (eq per channel), serious serious teeth loosening bass.
Bowel bursting even :joy:

1 Like

Nobody even recommended a MD? Sequence that bad boy with your DT for trc and the sweet reverb. Run the MD through a Heat! Sorry, I just got another MD recently and am in heaven again.

1 Like

Sure, and the 303 was made originally to replace a bass player :slight_smile:
From my point of viene, Digitakt using single cycle waveforms It can easily work as a drum synth

1 Like

Volca Kik kicks ass

2 Likes

I can also recommend the Volca kick

1 Like

Second the Volca Kick suggestion. I use it mostly for sampling though so I’m not freeing up any channels with it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I use the Korg MS2000r along with the Novation Drumstation with the Digitakt. The MS2000r, though a VA, makes some great kicks and snares too. Though most analog synths can do this.

1 Like

I would think a Jomox Mbase 11 analog kick drum module would work really well using one of the Midi tracks. I am sampling one for most of the kick sounds I am using on mine. It’s small but not cheap-sound is incredibly huge though.

fully agreed :slight_smile:
YES it is noisy
YES the specs are not the ones you expect from pro/serious (really?) gear
Nevertheless what you can do with it is pretty baffling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QtYiDkeu6A
My go to kick tool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I’m gonna get a Digitakt for drums (And other sounds), but I’m also gonna get some eurorack drum modules where I want to use the Digitakt to sequence (CV.OCD as a midi to cv). For Bass drums I intent to get Erica Synths Bass Drum module :slight_smile:

Ableton Operator + Drum Bus

2 Likes

I use the Korg VolcaKick. It has just enough parameters to have everything important mapped to the knobs on the Digitakt, so I can focus more on the Digitakt itself when doing drum programming.

2 Likes

Same here :slight_smile:
Along with Volcas Bass, Keys and (receiving it today) FM.
All mixed through MODEL1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

MicroTonic

1 Like

Sorry for reviving this, but has anyone paired DT up with M:C just for the kick?

Was considering A4 for overall synthesis, but I haven’t really been satisfied with kick and other drum examples I’ve heard coming from it. Imo kick from AR and M:C sounds better. I prefer 909 like kicks. Mbase11 haven’t satisfied me either. Kick Lancet can create a good meaty base for further processing, but the sweetspots don’t seem that great.
Considering going Erica Synths Bassdrum 2, but it’s just so expensive, when you don’t already have eurorack. Can get an AR mk1 2nd hand at that price here in Denmark, even though BD 2 might have a little more meat on the body.
Dfam can also be a good meaty base for further processing.

Anyone who actually managed to make a convincing full sounding 909 style kick on A4? Because haven’t heard any yet. I’m into hard hitting techno kicks.

I saw someone using the filter from a Monotron for kick processing after the A4 was it? I’ve had a Monotron Delay before and know that it drives nicely on kicks. But didn’t try the filter to make it tougher