Good Dual Delay for synths

Ocean Machine midi clock support? unfortunately nope, and the reply I got when I contacted support was that they would pass the info to the dev team. That was a year ago. Mooer’s FB page has people bombing it for the same feature, so they must know its a wanted feature.

Still… easy enough to manually or tap the tempo, but then I do’t use the looper which totally needs it for sequencer marriages.

1 Like

Ah, ok^^ You mentioned “issues with midi clock”, so I figured they finally implemented it, but it’s not working properly, yet.

IIRC they got user request for midi clock support very early on…dunno if they’re actually working on it or not, though.

Yeah pretty big oversight, considering the midi ports and midi controllers that are implemented. Still it suits the OP’s requirements so added 2 cents of input.

No doubt better options out there if clock required… The DD500 lets you tap a tempo and then send the midi clock out which might be cool, and also does 2 delays at once, for similar price.

Btw, the DD500 seems pretty rad! Unfortunately, I didn’t come across a synth demo that kinda blew me away soundwise, nonetheless it seems to be a very versatile delay pedal.
Especially the pattern mode! If I got that right, it gives you 16 delay taps in user mode to edit. That’s quite powerful!
But what about modulation, filter and eq, basically the patch parameters you access with the edit button - can you set those parameters indivudually for each delay tap?
I think I saw smt like that in a video, but from reading through the manualy, not sure if that’s really the case…

The Nemesis can be customized quite deeply through the app, and it can go quite crazy.

It also can be used with an fx loop. I recently used it on drums, with a Red Panda Particle in the loop, and that is pure craziness!

2 Likes

Fwiw - I do have a D-Two, which I picked up second hand. Used it in my portable rack along with an analogue mixer for gigs. No complaints.

…but I’d almost prefer a second M-One XL. That does very acceptable basic delays and has 2 processing paths. My usual use of that, was ping-ping delay on one path and a parallel reverb on the other. It can be set up for 2 separate delays though.

Both units worked well with MIDI clock.

These days, I use the delays and reverbs on my A&H QU24 for gigs. Means I don’t have to carry the effects rack around.

What kind of routing are you thinking about for the delay unit?