Good Dual Delay for synths

DUAL DELAYS: Dig vs Flashback Triple (or X4) vs Echosystem vs Timefactor vs DD500 vs D-two, vs Grand Canyon vs Nemesis. Or Any other batter one still in production…
Thanks!

Eventide Timefactor

6 Likes

Eventide H9, even the pitch algorithms are based on dual delays.

1 Like

I prefer a hands-on unit… so H9 is out, but thanks for the input!

1 Like

The D-Two has a feature rarely seen on other units - the ability to tap in (quantized or not) actual rhythmic patterns for the echoes. Not terribly “hands on” though.

2 Likes

Let’s narrow it to 4: Timefactor, D-Two, DD500, Dig.

1 Like

Anyone used both Timefactor and DD-500?

I’ve not tried any of the dual delays discussed here but I do have the empress echosystem. Works great for me. Way too expensive really but it has endless features.

Edit: sorry just noticed you narrowed it to four!

2 Likes

I have Timefactor and Polymoon.
The first one is incredibly cheap, second hand. Still relevant IMO. You can go from clean subtle to the wide uncontrollable, I really like it… That would be my choice for the live tweaking + low money yet high quality.

The latter is exceptional for ambient. Maybe a bit too much of a one trick pony though.

The ZOIA kind of make them all obsolete :smiley:
Really worth considering, as you can create whatever crazy Delay you need with it !

Oh ! And A4 mk1 gets really really cheap these days. A hell of a delay, plus a few things more :smile:

2 Likes

But how hands-on is Zoia?

IMHO it’s all about what happens with feedback on max and time on minimum. That separates the best from the rest. Personally that means eventide time factor or dp/2 with spx990 and polymoon a close second

1 Like

Ventris Dual Reverb is a good one

More than you could think. Patching is surprisingly fluid, and once you’re playing, you can use e.g. a whole page for user interaction…
But you might also want to control it from your Elektron gear, that works pretty well :wink:

1 Like

What’s dp/2?

Can Zoia replace the Echosystem?

I don’t know well the Echosystem, but there are chances you could get pretty close. And far further.

1 Like

Mainly because I could never afford a dp/4

Axoloti also with considering if you have the stomach for a bit of patching… Some good delay patches to be found

I have the echosystem, it’s superb.

Delay…Not Reverb…