Glitches & clicks in audio when automating Rytm with Overbridge

Hello,
I dont know if anyone else is experiencing this problem using Ableton Live + Overbridge,

When I automate parameters in the Overbridge track, the audio coming from the Rytm (And also the Analog Four) starts to glitch, horrible clicks and cracks, and if continued to play for some time it even stops (I had to reset the device and OB to hear audio again). The more parameters I am automating, the more these errors occur.

It is as if the automation information passing towards my Elektron device from Live is eating up bandwidth from the audio signal that is going the other way. Just automating 2 parameters makes these errors start to appear.

I am using Live 9.7.1 and the latest operationg system for the Rytm. My CPU load meter in Live is even around 20% when this happens.

If any one has an idea as of how to fix this I would greatly appreciate some feedback.

thanks!

sounds like you need to increase your buffer size…

Thanks Biologik but I tried multiple buffer settings in Ableton and Overbridge Panel Controls and the problem remains the same…

-Only when OB parameters are being automated do I have this problem (not so if I automate any other VST) and the glitching happens to all of the audio output of my project (any track on solo will sound messed up)
-If I turn off the OB VST through the device activator, glitches in audio happen anyway if the automation is still moving around. If I touch the automation and stop it from moving, the glitches stop too)

Any other ideas? thanks

Solved it.
It was my crappy amazon basics USB Hub. Connecting the machine directly to my Mac solved the glitch problem. Yes, I need an Overhub.
Thanks

3 Likes

I have the same problem