Gifts for music nerds

I’m looking to get a music related gift for a friend who shares the same hobby.
He’s into guitars, so a pedal always works but I’m looking for inspiration.
He’s also into everything vintage. From just lab oscilators to CR-78’s.

Budget is around the €100. I’d like something fun and creative.

I’m thinking about creative contact mic’s that can get funky results when combined with a bunch of pedals. something he can just slap on a surface.

Any ideas? Couldn’t find a similar thread but I’m guessing this could be pretty handy.

This is a nice gift: MS-70CDR MultiStomp Chorus / Delay / Reverb Pedal | ZOOM

It’s a bit old but still fun and powerful for a pedal at this price point

3 Likes

Yeah! That’s a classic, can’t go wrong with that one I think.

Nts-1 mk1 is still great, PO tonic as well for about the same price but really benefits from the microtonic licence also

1 Like

If he’s into guitars he’s probably specific about what pedals he wants / doesn’t want.

I’d go for a Pocket Operator.

A cheap looper pedal if they don’t already have one. That was the best pedal I ever bought.

Or a nice stand/fancy strap. Or strap locks.

1 Like

Another idea is a DIY kit for a pedal.
Of course this only works if your buddy is patient enough, and you might have to offer a few tools as well.
For someone speaking French, I would strongly advise Techniguitare’s kits, they are extremely good quality and easy to build.
But you should find other kits elsewhere, even synth kits.

Another thing that might be good is a second hand Model:Samples or Model:Cycles.
After years of playing guitar and bass, having a decent groovebox opened a new world, to me.

2 Likes

An EBow?

2 Likes

Lovely idea! He builds his own guitars / modifies them as well so he does like to fiddle around with tools / solder. I’ll check it out!

1 Like

Then yeah, building his own stompboxes shouldn’t be a problem :slight_smile:

IMG_6005

3 Likes

Damn that looks sick. Basically transforms your guitar into a string instrument…

1 Like

These are fun! Had one a long time ago but sold it when the used market prices went up. They remade it and showed it off at NAMM. Unfortunately it is way beyond a 100 euro budget.

1 Like