Getting started with a rack?

I’m getting really irritated having all of my gear on a desk. First of all, its cluttery and worse yet I have to sit down when I place which takes away from the FEEL of the music for some reason. I see stuff where people have their stuff on racks and lifted and layered up. Which seems ideal to consolidate my gear from an X-axis only spread.

I don’t know where to research this or what to get or how to achieve it. Anybody got any leads for me?

Thanks!

Something like that adapted ?

https://www.thomann.de/fr/jaspers_ksv_3xlb_6_step_adjustment.htm

I think it can handle 2 or 3 machine on each step… normally it’s for keyboards but there’s arms set in option so…

3 Likes

There’s optional accessories you can mount on these like a computer stand, optional arms etc…

1 Like

Pay attention to the weight but it seem like there’s something to do with these things…

@Ryan : i’m not kidding but if you find the good design a shoe cabinet with a liitle of DIY should work very nice. just need to be Fix to the wall from behind

And Shelves in ladders / Ladder Shelf Bookcases :

So you have a angle to see every machine and performed but difficulties is to find the good design and good angle

2 Likes

Thank you very much, sir! I’ll definitely investigate this!

I’m on a similar search at the moment. Has anyone seen anything like the Jaspers 6D-150B but with shelves rather than those support arms?

Some fairly cheap and easily available solutions are available at IKEA, if you have one near you that is. Check out IKEA hackers for ideas. Pinterest also has a surprisingly large amount of studio ideas.

I have used a simple board and some capita legs (prolly cheaper if you go to ikea rather than ordering off amazon) to raise up my imac and monitors, giving me enough space below to fit my MS20 mini (now it’s a Push and Minilogue, but same diff). They come in different heights too to fit your situation.

I also use a Standtastic 3-tier keyboard stand with a couple of planks on the top two spaces to hold things like Rytm, mixer, pedals, etc. My studio pic should be one of the fairly recent ones in the Setups thread.

If you’re talking actual racks, as in for racked gear, I also have, but don’t current use, one of these desktop racks. Excellent build quality.

1 Like

Any idea what the ladder bookshelf is that you posted the pic of? That would be perfect for me. Looks like Ikea, but I can’t find one like that on their site.

@Accent

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ladder-Bookcase-with-Desk-in-Espresso/39681380

2 Likes

You da Real MVP!!! :thup:

2 Likes