Getting around the lack of reverb when muting audio channels

When I use my Octa live I hate the dead stop when you mute an audio channel and the reverb and delay cuts off as well.

To get around this I think I am going to a reverb unit on the aux send on my mixer and so when I mute the track the reverb tail won’t cut off. I can also set different levels of reverb send for the Main out pair and the Cue out pair.

Is there any other option or does this seem like a good way to go? Thanks guys!!

That’s one way that I have used the OT, with this method the cue outs will only provide a single stereo send. Panning applies to main/cue outs.

An alternative is to turn down the AMP vol which (from memory) leaves the wet signal/fx tails to decay.

There are drawbacks to both approaches.

3 Likes

Several options possible to keep fx tails

• Mixer + reverb send / return is a good one
  • Use CUE out as fx send, external fx
  • A track with reverb / delay recording CUE, use it a fx send / return
  • T8 as Master, T7 recording it as delay
  • Control VOL with an external midi controller
  • Arranger mutes
  • scenes on VOL or XVOL (Edit after @Open_Mike post :wink:)
8 Likes

Thanks, I have never actually deeply looked in to the Arranger in the OT, will start reading up on it.

I’m not that fond of the OT reverb and so the use of an external mixer and separate Reverb is probably my best bet.

What you mean by “T8 as Master, T7 recording it as delay”?

Thank you

1 Like

I prefer Space reverb, sold unfortunately.

T8 can be set a master fx, but only reverb or delay. If you record and play MAIN with a Flex (track 7 for ex) you can use it as a master neighbor. Fx delay, is more convenient to avoid unwanted feedback.

1 Like

I would like a Personalize option “Mute mutes track level or amp”

6 Likes

Or XVOL, or trigs, as Arranger behavior apparently…:sketchy: (Arranger mutes seem to be quantized to pattern length unfortunately).

2 Likes

I always have scenes set up for crossfading different track combos, mixing and muting… Using Xvol…

6 Likes

Do you remember how you’ve done that? I’ve tried to achieve it but, as I was expecting, this creates feedback when I start generating sound (ie. adding delay) on T7.

Setup:
T8 as master (volume to 100)
T7 recording T8 & playing on a +1/384 flex machine (volume to 100)

I know I could achieve this using studio mode and sending everything to cue, recording CUE to T7 and use T8 as a neighbour machine, but I was hoping to be able to keep my cue for something else. Did I miss something?

Try 100% Wet delay (FX2 SETUP DIR=0).
What’s the problem with a delay having feedback? :smile:

2 Likes

Octatrack forums:
The only place where bugs, glitches and unexpected feedbacks are seen as a positive bonus :heat:

Understanding the trick now, merci! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I still crave this

1 Like

I hope we will see this in the future, doesn’t seem like a hard feature to implement.