Model : Tone + 2 Firmware Updates (Digitakt, Digitone) = 3 Machines

Medic! I’m almost out of likes for today :pensive:

3 Likes

I’d argue the OT’s dark reverb sounds great

5 Likes

Same :cry:

I hope Elektron unveil more likes

3 Likes

aye, think I would too. I also really like applying a pretty harshly gated plate reverb to snares and the like. Long reverb time, pretty wet mix, then a short gate.

2 Likes

My ISP called and told me to turn off notifications to this thread or my fiber line will melt…

2 Likes

Ha!

… and there are dedicated reverbs to use before going into the OT or coming out or even somewhere in the middle, how great is that! :happy:

Even if there is a new OT coming, I will keep mine, I am far from done with it. I might even get a second DSP1 if a new one comes out :nyan:

1 Like

I personally think this will be a in the Model: line, probably a digital drum and/or FM box. But in the strange event that Elektron makes a mixer, how do you think it would work? Would there be USB class compliant audio through Overbridge? Or would you essentially use the machine itself as a soundcard w/o Overbridge, routing in DAW? How would you all want it to work?

Model:Likes

lots of ins, say 6 or 8 stereo pairs. Audio over usb overbridge compatibility. onboard effects and LFOs. That’d do me!

2 Likes

Usb C Overhub just to spite us

1 Like

I think it’s going to be Model:Machines, with 4 tracks being more drum oriented, and 2 being melodic fm based, but all the tracks are called “machines”. The teasers are cool but they sound more like a Model model than a Flagship model to me! Which is great!

4 Likes

They told 3 elektron machine at the show, maybe a new model: and a new digi and an OT, because there is always an OT.

Not saying you’ll be wrong. I think it’ll be a model too. But how can a 4-5 second loop tell you it’s not a flagship or a Digi? Model samples doesn’t sound worse. Plus they wouldn’t want to give too much away at this stage imo

1 Like

Who did? The three thing only came from the raffle prize thingy which could be three of anything. Did I miss a meeting? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Imagine the disappointment when it’s a Video editor with a sequencer, perfect for stop motion animation :smiley:

1 Like

It’s just a hunch. Not that it sounds bad or worse than digi/flagship.
It’s just the type of sounds and amount. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You misspelled excitement that would be rad

2 Likes

Not saying it sounds worse, it’s just a feeling! I’m getting a kind of Pocket Operator vibe from the teasers, which were my first intro to synths only ~two years ago.

1 Like