Get ready…

1 Like

Thanks! It’s obviously an homage to the MD. :slight_smile:

Nice to see this out finally. I was tasked to make an FM drum machine in the mode format, and this is what came out. Countless hours mapping max patches hehe. Enjoy!

59 Likes

What’s it like to hold the hand of someone you love? Interlinked.
Do they teach you how to feel finger to finger? Interlinked.
Do you long for having your heart interlinked? Interlinked.
Do you dream about being interlinked?
Interlinked.

3 Likes

Have now watched a few vids. Very cool for the money, there’s no doubt. Digitone:Lite. Too much cross over with the Digitone for me to buy one personally, but imagine this will sell by the truck full.

1 Like

You’ve done an excellent job. Just watched the Loopop video and damn it’s so well organised. Love the chord machine especially. Congratulations!

3 Likes

Bravo! This looks so fun. This is the first time I’ve preordered a unit from you guys. It’s not even in my hands yet, but I can confidently say: well done!

Yeah, it’s more a complement to the DN - although it does sound slightly different! I would say the MC is a bit grittier, which is nice in pairing.

Also, the MC engines are so extremely applied that they have a lot of tricks in the synth structure that you actually can’t do on the DN.

23 Likes

Any European stockists ? Elektron are converting 1-1 USD so you have to be dumb or rich to order direct.

I was hoping as much! Glad to hear its not just repackaged DN sounds. kudos!

btw is the punch control digital DSP?

Any possibility/room for more machines in the future?

1 Like

I hate making drums on the DN. Now I’ll have something fun to make FM drums on!

1 Like

Sir, you are a legend!

3 Likes
3 Likes

https://www.thomann.de/de/elektron_model_cycles.htm

https://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Elektron-Model-Cycles/art-SYN0007419-000;pgid=WP9gare80apSRpYSRGpT30WC0000VLNVBAjn

… I’m sure there’s plenty more.

My guess is not. I assume the production costs of OB limit it to being an offering for the more expensive boxes.

(I also have a sneaking suspicion that they’re trialling class compliant usb audio on the models and AH, in case maintaining OB becomes such a burden that they want to put it to bed while still giving us a digital option, but that’s by-the-by)

I noticed Velocity Depth in the pads menu in the manual. Does that mean a low setting can tailor how hard you have to hit a pad to get max velocity or is it only for setting the max velocity that is possible? Does Model:Samples have this too?

I don’t think so. I just sold my DT, kept the DN and just ordered the M:C because I feel it fits the DN perfectly!

4 FM Drumtracks, 2 Mono-FM Sound-Tracks + the 4 Poly ones from the DN is more than I can ask for. And no samplebrowsing!

1 Like

Yep! We designed a compressor like envelope that engages, as well as some digital clipping.

6 Likes

Damn, me listening to that drop in “Crunch4ever”.

chairs-animated-gif-4

3 Likes

From the manual :

APPENDIX B: MODULATION DESTINATIONS
The following are the modulation destinations for the Model:Cycles’s LFO and Velocity:
LFO
• Pitch
• Fine Tune
• Decay
• Color
• Shape
• Sweep
• Contour
• Delay Send
• Reverb Send
• Volume + Distortion
• Pan
• Punch
• Gate

VELOCITY
• Pitch
• Fine Tune
• Decay
• Color
• Shape
• Sweep
• Contour
• Delay Send
• Reverb Send
• Volume + Distortion
• Pan
• Punch
• Gate
• LFO Speed
• LFO Mult
• LFO Fade
• LFO Wave
• LFO Start Phase
• LFO Trig Mode
• LFO Depth

So you can’t use the LFO on RETRIG. That would have been nice as this is an Hommage to the MD. Maybe in a future update?

3 Likes