Get ready…

Strikes me as being unlikely that they’d release 3 new machines all at once. That would be unprecedented wouldn’t it?! Still, I’m an optimist and if they’re doing something new I’m sure it’ll be fun. And it’s payday on the 28th…

Honestly, I’d say it is a fancy graphic and we should not interprete to nacho into it.

Maybe it is a sample pack of the sounds of the MPC One pre-orders being cancelled :joy:

https://youtu.be/EKu7TYWNxqA

9 Likes

and on Twitter as well

and he literally says in the thread " I would say in some ways people that like the monomachine may be happy."

lol the circle continues.

7 Likes

Comment clues galore:

“people who like mm will be happy”, “simple and powerful”

You lost me at simple.

3 Likes

You lost me at happy (wah-wah)

3 Likes
4 Likes

Again, if “the Machines” is not the name for the group of new products (new Monomachine & Machinedrum), then the only option (other than a software update to OT) is that it will be some new machine that connects “Machines”.

It’s not Octatrack MK3, it’s not an update for OT MK2, it’s not a new “Model:” machine, it’s not three different products (Elektron don’t give away machines when they announce it, and they would do it in Elektron Studios Berlin if they would do it).

1 Like

I am sure it has been suggested, but as machines could mean alternative modes on an existing product or be a callback to mono/drum or generic machines it could be anything. It’s fair to say that the marketing speak is quite hyped so I would assume the least disappointing option as a baseline especially if these machines can be raffled, that points to maybe a synth/drum mode for DT or maybe a new DN machine … still, I’m ignoring that thought in preference for getting hyped about this, not too long !!

3 Likes

“It’s simple and powerful.”

This doesnt sound right!

That’s the Model line’s m.o.

3 Likes

I think it is a new single product with multiple forms of synthesis, i.e. multiple machines.

Like Rytm. 1 box, multiple machines. From the (apparently pre dual VCO) manual:

9 Likes

The machines meet…Performance mixer/fx unit to bring them together

A new model::something makes the most sense. Surely the goal was to have a platform to “quickly” release new machines on (aka Korg volca’s). I would imagine Elektron could hand the MS:: DSP info to multiple 3rd party developers/designers at once and each could work independently on new versions. Thus allowing Elektron to get new products out while keeping the core Elektron team focused on new tech and the future.

1 Like

an addition to their Model line is the most likely candidate. if the “leak” is accurate and “monomachine users will be happy” is true, then perhaps there’s a new Model based on some of the MnM machines.

(which would be an insta-order for me, btw)

3 Likes

Yeah a Model with MM/MN pedigree…

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with simple.
I’ve made so much music with MS and it is 100% due to the simplicity.

Here’s the job to do, here is your tool - only 6 tracks with basic facilities, get to work.
Forces me to be more creative and deliberate in my sequencing, sample selection, and LFO usage.

Maybe not as attractive as 3 LFOs per track to the synth nerds but I’m here to finish tracks and move on to the next one, not get high on PWM and detune.

This is why I 100% support additional Model:________ products.

21 Likes

I think 3 machines COULD be an Elektron approved upgrade path.

Model:Box, Digi-box, Big Bertha box.

But the engines theory, admittedly, makes the most synthse(sense)

Why would they do such thing? If they shift their whole business model to have such DSP based “blank” machines, to be coded by 3rd party developers… it would make sense but this is faaaar away from “focusing on new tech”, this must be the main focus especially when there’s 3rd parties involved, their OS releases would take months and there would be shit tons of bugs. Elektron doesn’t have such capacity and that’s not what they’re known for. This would add basically 0 value to the company while taking away all the resources to shift the business model to “dsp app marketplace”.

1 Like

Ain’t no shame in simple. Just not for me atm.

2 Likes