Gelatine - OT, A4, MnM, Nova, Nord Modular

Gelatine is taken from my forthcoming Album “Morphology 1.0” (available 11.11.2013). It’s a chunky slice of hardware driven experimental electronica with a heavier beat driven focus than some of my previous releases.
This slice of electronica is a flipped out, freaked out beat-fest of gelatinous proportions.
Enjoy your serving, loud or soft and in large servings.

1 Like

Not the kind of stuff I usually listen to, but I have to say, it was extremely good. The mix sounded really professional, and the music was top notch.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Barfunkel

Added a little youtube video should anyone be interested :slight_smile:

Really like this track – particularly the first half.
Interested in how you put these things together: Do you use pattern/song modes on the Elektrons, or is it mostly sequenced from a computer-based sequencer?

Either way, solid work!

Pattern Based modes - with passages jammed live or looped and recorded up as multitrack recordings.
Then I’ll flesh out the arrangement as audio in Logic and edit but around 95% of this was all sequenced with the A4 / OT and/or MnM.

One last cheeky bump and a little reminder that the Album is out 11.11.13

Bit late but this is really great, what are you sequencing/sampling?

Check this topic for more about that release from @OSCar:

with more description here:

2 Likes

Thanks Peter,
I have had an insane workload between 3 jobs at the moment and have not had any forum time.
Forum time eats into studio time and studio time is a higher priority for my sanity sake.
Nowadays I tend to work on several sequencers simulatneous, predominantly those end up being the System 8, Monomachine, Analog Four, Reaktor Blocks, doing weird trigger input cv/gate out stuff from the TB-03 sequencer and Logic X but I’d like to get something like a secondhand Sequentix P3 at some stage too.
This is a newer piece using the Analog Four / Monomachine, Reaktor Blocks and Logic I did for Synphaera Records Starseed LP. Totally different approach but life would be boring if we didn’t mix it up a bit.

Best sound in 720HD

6 Likes

Are you running these various sequencers at different tempo divisions, like you did with the various MIDI tracks of the OT?

nice track and visuals

Hi Adam,
I will definitely use different pattern / step amounts on each machine.
On a remix I’ve just finished something as simple as a random sequence with manually modulated start and end points on the system 8 playing against a standard pattern which was basically 2/4 into 7/4 back into 4/4 worked rather well.
Logic can also quite easily just stretch midi so it stays quantized but will do half time, double time etc.
The TB03 sequencer is actually a pretty neat take on the original sequencer.
If you have a Eurorack, or something like blocks with a DC coupled interface you can create devices like sequencers that trig the trigger input in unique ways and use LFO’s and other devices to screw that clock somewhat for drift and oddball effects.
Just by default working with more than one sequencer and playing to that single units strengths will yield different results in combination with another.

1 Like

I’ve been doing this with Monologue controlling/sequencing Monark. Often times I stay in the sequence edit screen and adjust step length on the fly while recording those MIDI notes.
Looking forward to adding different scale divisions per track with OT, and going beyond just different step lengths.

1 Like