Gearfest UK this weekend - anyone going?

Heading to see the inlaws this weekend in London and just heard about this event which is round the corner. Seems like a nice event. I’ve got a ticket for Saturday if anyone else here is going…?

i cant resist ‘be the first to discover the latest in music tech’.

its a race… i need to be first… before even the engineers or company who are developing the tech… (its such a bullshit phrase that means nothing)

i may go… i’m near london … i’m trying not to buy anything though.

Oof … walking distance … shame there’s nothing I want to see there.

A resounding PFFffff then! Ah well, if it’s crap, there’s a brewery next door.

i’m going, aiming to be there around 1pm saturday. mess around with synths, grab some beers, do say hello if you see me, tall bloke with a beard and a blue baseball cap

1 Like

Nice, hope to see you there :robot:

1 Like

I’ll probably go
Bald white bloke stroking his chin :joy:

2 Likes

you’ll really stand out from the crowd

2 Likes

Might go. What shall I wear?

camo shorts
synth tee - too large.
bright red beats headphones

1 Like

Heading down now. I’ll be bearded man with long hair and glasses #87 with pink t-shirt, shorts, purple trainers and a backpack with the trans flag patched on it. Never do this sort of thing and not even sure what one does at this sort of thing but come say hi if spotted.

1 Like

Just played a music easel (inscrutable) and said hello to nick batt in a very alarming way. Great day

He’s just walked by me in the booze bit

Are U.D.O. there with the Super Gemini?

Just had a chat with Matths, who I haven’t seen since we were at college together in Grimsby in the nineties. He’s supporting Alessandro Cortini on tour. My career has been less mainstream

1 Like

Three pints in. Bothered Nick Batt a second time. I’ve left now, helped myself liberally to Sequential and Oberheim merch. Good day

2 Likes

I really feel you all let me down tbh

I too didn’t know wtf I was doing on the Buchla.

1 Like

Yeah, just made horrible reedy drones and tuneless arpeggios. Horrible thing. I want it more than I’ve ever wanted anything