Gear hope and expectations 2022

Certainly contact them and indicate your enthusiasm. They’re friendly and while i doubt they’d confirm anything, they will likely respond to you.

The Spectravox, is certainly on a glide path for Moog, it is pretty typical for synths to stew for a few years and improve, between a limited run at a Moog-fest, and a real product. Though no guarantees.

Not sure what might be possible to get close
substituting some modular stuff instead. Maybe some others have taken a stab at that, and can chip in.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely write them.

A Moog Sirin reissue

4 Likes

Still hoping for a new make noise, preferably that 0-tape concept

1 Like

@Jukka I emailed Moog about the future of the Spectravox, even asking if I could somehow get a kit if there were no plans for a proper release. Here be the response:

"Hi Darren,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

There are no plans for this at the moment, but we thank you for your feedback and will pass this along to our R&D team for consideration. I also don’t believe we have any kits at this time either. I apologize.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can assist you with. "

total drag :0(

1 Like

That is a very positive message. They would almost never tell you about a future release, hence “no information”, but that he is passing this along to engineering is far better than just “Thank you for your suggestion.” Also a kit even being a possibility, is more than what i would have expected.

This is a long term thing regardless, so this is a great response. Good going.

2 Likes

I like your positive interpretation! I guess I was hoping for something like “Yes it will be a product which comes out tomorrow and you can buy it for $500!” and got a little bummed when it wasn’t that. I will continue to hope because why not?

2 Likes

Has anyone got any info on whether the Buchla Music Easel mk2 is still going to be a thing??Since 2021 Superbooth showcase it seems to have become unlikely and Buchla arent answering.

Buchla USA is at Knobcon 2022 in two weeks. ( thread )

1 Like

Thanks Jukka. Hopefully they will will update about it.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I think i got everything i need, however things that would be interesting for me:

• volca drum mk2 (i just want a midi out to save everything)
  • nord drum 4 desktop for synthie freaks
  • opsix desktop :sneezing_face:
  • some cool midi glitch sequencer thiny
3 Likes

I would love to see a new Access VIrus synth someday in my lifetime.

1 Like

The Jomox Mod FM !

1 Like

What’s wrong with a normal DAW?

2 Likes

For me I have not found one that is quick and easy to use, I don’t need all the bells and whistles, cluttered interface, etc. I just want a basic recorder with cut/paste editing, that does not need a computer, interface etc.

Deluge and Bluebox are quite close but both fail in different ways, Deluge can’t multitrack, Bluebox has no editing.

Garageband? :wink:
All joking aside, I still fail to see what’s the problem as you don’t have to use all the bells and whistles and in most DAWs you can determine how cluttered the GUI is.

this? Bad Gear - The Notorious Beat Thang - YouTube

… but seriously, it would be nice if my PC wasn’t running when i record my music …

Most of them are focussed around clip based workflow, I know some can do linear as well, but also stuff like latency, inability to sync to midi or put out an accurate midi clock (I know there are solutions to this, but again not worth it, considering my use case)

I have a few DAWs but don’t enjoy using them, getting multi channel audio into them, synced, without latency etc is such a ball ache. If the Bluebox had proper audio editing it would be perfect, for my needs. It syncs well to and from midi, can record multiple inputs without latency, has bar display, but no editing.

MPC/Force on paper can do it, but in reality the midi clock is not tight enough as master, and non existent as slave, it actually drops out of record after less than 1 second. I queried it with Akai, and they suggested to use a DAW :rofl:

4 Likes

Zoom R24 ? they’re still available new unused somewhere.

2 Likes

Ive got the Zoom R24 and it works brilliantly for a non dawless 8 track recorder.

2 Likes