Gear choices

Im not sure but I think mnm allows more than 4 notes per step when sequencing…the mnm gurus will know.

Gotcha. I’ll look into it more. I believe you are correct, which would get back into Elektron crippling things. Why would the MnM have more MIDI poly than the OT.

same here. I sold both pushs and two machines… although i think they are all great. but in the end, I did most of the stuff just on my macbook again.
The elekrons are great fun for jamming and exploring. But if I want to finish anything I have to go back to ableton live :slight_smile: But a4 and ot are also great for playing live…

1 Like

that’s true. made the same experiences.

I feel you. I always miss that one or two features that the other machine has. Nothing perfect. And I guess there never will be the perfect thing for my workflow. It’s the never ending search and the GAS. First I only dreamed about the OT for years, and thought I would be allmighty then :smiley:
When I could afford it, I was starting the same thoughts with the a4, then with a modular etc… fooling myself. But’s all fun, so what… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, 4 notes per step on MNM

1 Like

I want to get my OT back up and running at some point.

I’m more likely to dig into the hardware sequencers I already have than buy new ones.

3 Likes

IIRC, it’s a bit more complex than that, you have a memory of 400 notes to split over tracks and trigs per pattern.

1 Like

Sorry, I thought we were talking about the MIDI sequencer

So did I! :slight_smile: Confused

Ah ok - I’ve no doubt you’re right, your answer sounded better.

I was probably thinking of the OT.

My MNM is about to be boxed and sold, so I may never learn any more!

1 Like

I took the thread title literally.

A place where we can talk about our gear choices, and any and all drift welcome.

I was talking about the MIDI Sequencer.

Don’t sell the MM. I sold mine then bought another a month later. Haha.

I feel you. I struggle to want to sell mine as they are great and I do love what they can do, but I’d never buy an Elektron device new. The Digitakt seems neat, but it’s almost like it’s hindered by the small sampling storage per project (esp. in this day and age), and the lack of stereo samples. The only things that it seems to have over my OT is the screen and conditional trigs. I can’t really justify owning one when I have a MD, OT, MM, and A4 (all 2nd hand or deeply discounted).

Haha. It is indeed. It’s a bit overwhelming, to be honest.

Take your point but for its price, footprint and versatility, the Blofeld is not to be trifled with.

2 Likes

I had and loved the OT, and decided to augment it with an MPC1000 with JJOS2XL…didn’t really get on with the MPC, and sold it off after I got Push 2…which convinced me to sell my OT because it started seeing way less use. I still quite like Push/Live, but I really prefer having a dedicated hardware sequencer, so I bought a Squarp Pyramid and love it to bits. But, I recently found myself in a situation where I need sampling and traditional keys sounds like pianos and organs for live shows and I don’t feel comfortable taking a laptop out for that purpose, so I I just got a Kurzweil K2500RS with all the sound expansions, sampling board, and a compact flash reader installed. I’ve only had the Kurzweil for a few days so it’s still too early to really say, but I could easily spend the next 20 years probing the depths of that synth, and the combo with the Pyramid is proving to be pretty unbeatable.

1 Like

Is 7 elektrons too many?

4 Likes

I own an Octatrack, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Rytm, Keys, Heat, and Digitakt is ordered. So, no - 7 Elektrons is NOT too many, and I am sure it will become 8 eventually. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Goodness man! That’s just about the entire Elektron colllection! You might as well try to get the SIDstation just to complete it! :open_mouth: