Gear choices

Yea i’ll just continue Pre-sampling in Ableton and chopping there and bringing into the OT for new life. and with some OP-1 synths on top.

The combination of gear choices in my setup is such a big deal for me. So much equipment out there, it’s endless, and I can’t buy them all!! Coming from ITB only, I got tired of using strictly DAW+VSTS so I turned to using hardware, which is why I now have 4 Elektron boxes. Love that it bridges the gap between software and hardware, great sounds, and lots of features and can get really creative. With the Digitakt out now, i’m tempted to get one, but I also got to limit myself from buying too much gear!

It’s just a tongue-in-cheek expression that people on this forum say. Similar to “Fallout 3 confirmed”. Taking the smallest bit of perceivable, yet unofficial “evidence” and proclaiming desires as truth :smiley:

5 Likes

Not fake news, just recurring joke.

1 Like

I feel you… i just picked up an A4 on eBay for a decent price to give it a shot at sequencing my modular… been thinking about ditching EVERYTHING lately and just keeping a few grooveboxes to jam on for fun.

This is where the Elektrons really shine - jamming.

2 Likes

Monomachine is polyphonic.

2 Likes

ohok. i guess don’t spend nearly enough time on forums, reddit, and the like to pickup on brittle dry jokes

1 Like

Sort of. It’s 6 track monophonic, 2-6 track “unison”, or 1 track 6-voice. Hence the name MONOmachine.

Yes 1 track polyphonic 6 voice. It is not multitimbral when in this mode. Similar to other polyphonic monotimbral synths.

It has ensemble machines, not great for jamming on with this, but good for getting desired poly sounds out of a single voice

2 Likes

@Cosmic, @Ryan I’m well versed in the MM at this point, I was wishing for it to be polyphonic per track. I’m allowed to dream!

1 Like

To dream is the penacle of humanity.

“Dream on”
–Aerosmith

That being said, what kind of person would I be if I didn’t offer advice to help you achieve your desired poly outcomes? Not a person I’d want to meet(not that I’d want to meet myself now, but that’s besides the point)

What are you using to control Ableton with? I tried the Push 2, and I wasn’t a fan of the workflow. I’m getting a bit of satisfaction sequencing it from the pyramid but I need something to control the Ableton/Native instrument parameters. If I can do this with a Komplete S25 that would be AWESOME

Haha. To get my desired outcome I’d have to buy more Monomachines! I honestly think I have more than enough gear and should probably stop buying synths (FX are a different story).

Currently, I’m sitting on a Virus C, MM, MD, A4, OT, 0Coast, Volcabeats, and a Fatman. The only thing I’d consider adding is a Rytm.

Now I gotta get more outboard FX.

1 Like

I want a virus with a 6 track sequencer :tunga:

2 Likes

Just sequence your virus with your mnm, instant per track polyphony.

1 Like

this GAS life is going to make me homeless, unless i build a home made of hardware. LOL

3 Likes

I’d use the OT for that :slight_smile: I haven’t actually jumped into the multi-timbral part of the Virus, even after 11 years of owning it. I probably should. Haha.

2 Likes

I have Push 2, but more often than not - the mouse and keyboard. I know I’m strange in that respect, but I just find it as straightforward as anything. Although I do like to use the knobs on the Push when recording automation.

2 Likes

I don’t know how you do it, but kudos to you, man