Gaz here, I am seeking RYTM users for collaboration

Awesome! I’ll try to make something this evening before leaving for holidays.

that’s nice :smiley:

it shouldn’t be a problem to have things happening here on the forum, maybe even on this same thread…also, some (but not many :smile: ) of us are regularly on this IRC channel (as used on Sonicstate), no registration or software to install (link to main thread)

Thanks everyone so much for friendly responses!

My plan revolves around how my midi bass can meaningfully interact within the Elektron world.
Having cool patterns created by others to perform too feels much more inspiring to me than my own patterns. I can program stuff ok but it’s more about the interaction with another person albeit through programming.

Some crazy fun things are possible with this rig. I have been creating Sample chains for the Octatrack that I can play different track per string. Using Sample slice and LFOs things get really interesting! The A4 is almost a match made in heaven for the midi bass too. Things like the five mod slots for velocity, poly chaining, arp per string. It’s mind blowing!

So, these patterns can be any tempo, any genre, any length. My fingers are crossed that the patterns could be evolving and non static but I appreciate that’s loads of work! Also restrict samples just to be ones from the default set. It makes it so much easier. C6 is the best way I guess? Unless anyone knows a better way?

Thanks, Gaz

4 Likes

GAZ!..love your contributions and enthusiasm on Sonic Talk.

C6 :+1:t5:

Transfert is pretty cool …

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Gaz

just wanted to let you know that I found some time to make my couple of funk patterns ready for export. But somehow the export and re-import test failed. After re-importing the exported bulk dump of the entire project, the counters for patterns, sounds, etc. told me “zero” received.

Hmm :thinking: Obviously there is something wrong. So stay tuned … :smiley:

1 Like

Can anybody tell me please, what the size of a typical project dump should be? My exported file was about 4k using C6 and about 2k using Midi-Ox. The very difference makes me thinking :thinking:

I guess, I messed something up :frowning:

Does it take so long to complete a transfer? It seems to take ages … and I used USB

woohoo! this is very cool indeed. Funk eh? Thats my bag!

I will have an experiment exporting out some stuff and i will see how big/small the files is. I will report back…

Ready to go … I had made some stupid mistakes … it was my first try to export/import …

After doing it right the exported project file imported correctly in a new and empty project. Even the samples seemed to be there.

TBH right now it’s not considered to be a master piece of AR programming. For me it’s the starting point of developing more funky patterns in the future. But maybe this can be a starting point for interested Elektronauts too … who knows :wink:

It’s definitely not the usual four to the floor beat :wink:

Here we go - and have fun (there is a short read-me in the zip)

Funky_Pattern_01.zip (44.5 KB)

1 Like

Soundrider you are a scholar and a gent thank you so much for this and I especially appreciate your patch notes too Going to get stuck in right now…

You’re welcome.

I hope it works for you … the included pattern are supposed to be combined to built longer parts, like taking two basic pattern A and B and one break pattern C playing A-B-A-C. There is obviously not much p-locking included. The reason is, I wanted pure boilerplate pattern in the first place and p-lock after creating a particular combined pattern. But those are not yet created.

I plan to extend the project for myself by creating better grooves and better sounds, because I try to make a funk-electronica crossover or fusion thing in the next time. If you are interested, I could send you updates from time to time.