Gaz here, I am seeking RYTM users for collaboration

Hello lovely folk of the Elektronauts variety. My name is Gaz Williams and I am a regular contributor to Sonicstate.com. I am currently seeking some RYTM ninjas for my midi bass project. I will be making some video performances of me playing my Industrial Radio Pro 4 bass through an Elektron rig consisting of an A4 mk2, an Octatrack mk2 and a RYTM mk2. What I am hoping for is to have RYTM patterns sent to me by different people and I will jam over them. I will credit the creator in the videos and also I’d like to make the jams available through Bandcamp too. I have some interesting live performances happening later in the year and would want to use some of these grooves for that too.

To make this simple, I want to restrict the sounds to the built in samples the unit ships with and to use the C6 app to transfer the patterns. I would ideally love for the patterns to be loaded with conditional trigs so they will be inspiring to play along to. I am primarily a bass player who loves jamming with different drummers so that’s what I’m trying to achieve here albeit electronically!

Regarding musical genre, totally up for anything! Preferably patterns that don’t have any pitched material just rhythmical really but a little may be interesting.

I think it should be ok for me to load either mk1 or mk2 patterns in. Perhaps someone could help here?

So please get in touch here if you are interested and we can figure out the rest later. Thanks everybody!

49 Likes

Great idea @Gaz

Yes both compatible on a pattern and kit level, although might be some slight differences with scenes due to the cv/exp input on the mkII, but I can’t see that being an issue.

1 Like

Sounds like fun, Gaz. SonicState is great!

Wish I had a RYTM now!

Thanks for that! Brill, mk 1 and mk 2 users can participate.

Is this something that could tempt you with Daren? 3 or 4 patterns I’m thinking should be enough but I’m open to anything really.

1 Like

I’ve got some purely synthesis kits/ patterns that might be fun to jam with, i’ll send them once I get home!

Sure, though I don’t have the factory samples loaded so is it ok using synthesis only? More than happy to contribute if you don’t mind no samples, or I could do some Octatrack stuff and send as a self contained project?

I’d be happy to feed your Octatrack :wink:

Yes just Synth is absolutely fine. This is going to be so much fun thank you!

1 Like

Woohoo! Awesome thanks!

Now that could also be fun! Great!

2 Likes

If next week it’s not too late I think I’ll manage to prepare something.

Is there any genre/style/reference you prefer?

Octatrack projects would make most sense to share, right? With some scenes set up for performance…

No not too late at all! I’ll be very glad to receive anything!

1 Like

Hi Gaz … great to have you here. I am watching Sonicstate and your contributions on a regular basis. Great work - love it - and learned much too.

I have got some funk-patterns to offer, which I use to jam over myself (15 basic/15 breaks). I picked them out of a book and was excited that some really grooved well. I used some synth-patches and commercial samples. If interested I could also swap in the factory samples.

This sounds ace!

Fine … let’s do it :smiley:

I hope you give me a little time to swap the samples and try an export of the project … I have to take a look in the manual how to do the exporting :wink:

It’s the Easter Weekend and there is a lot of family in the house … but I will find some time …

Happy Easter to you and everyone :rabbit::egg::rabbit2::hatching_chick:

2 Likes

sounds like a fun project, any deadline? i’ll try and maybe work on some patterns, MKI synthesis only
nice to see you here @Gaz :smiley_cat:

No deadlines and I want it to be an on running thing. I’d like to create a private group for everyone who is interested just so I don’t bore and spam out Elektronauts. Is there a way to do that here or would a Discord chat thing be better. Big thanks though to everyone who has expressed an interest. I genuinely think this is a very unique situation with the Midi bass being a fab controller for Elektron boxes especially the A4 as it works one synth per string and that allows for bizarre and creative kits.

1 Like