Fun with Ableton MIDI

This started out as a “help” thread, though I figured it out, and would like to just throw out how fun it is using Ableton’s MIDI effects with the Digitakt’s sequencer! All it took was passing the Digitakt’s MIDI through Ableton on its way to sequence my hardware synths. Did it this via my audio interface’ MIDI I/O and Ableton’s external instrument tool. Now I can control all my synths with the Elektron sequencer while using fun effects like chord, scale, and random in the DAW. Give it a shot.

5 Likes

Another fun thing to try - P-locking ableton parameters using conditional trigs on the midi tracks of the DT.
EG p-locking the delay time on a delay along with the dry/wet can be pretty crazy.
Remember - you can p-lock multiple parameters with just 1 CC from the digitakt and adjust the amounts in the midi options :slight_smile:
Would be great if you map multiple CC-s to the same parameter (almost like perfs on rytm) but so far it’s been a blast! :slight_smile:

1 Like

good evening is there a tutorial around it? it would help if he explained something. thank you