Full list of new machinedrum SPS-1 UW+ MK2 accessoires?

Hello,
my question may be a little exaggerated and not forum specific, but I am slightly annoyed. I (first owner) recently sold my Machinedrum SPS-1 UW+ MK2 relatively cheap with all accessories to a dealer and did not include a USB cable. He then contacted me and said his friend, who seems very deep into this knowledge thinks there was the red and black USB cable in the original … and the transmission to the Turbomidiinterface would not work properly otherwise. However, I have found at home still that USB cable, but it looks younger to me than the purchase date of 2011. I am still a satisfied owner of an Analog Rytm and Analog Key and rather suspect that I have bought the cable later times. A google search turned up nothing, except that some resellers include the red and black cable, and others include a still-original-packaged standard black USB cable. It’s less about the money (15 euros cable + postage + envelope), but more about the fact that one tells me partly nonsense. I would be grateful for an irrefutable link.

No idea if the USB cable was included with the original or not. I think I got one with mine purchased second hand, but I could be wrong. If you Google Image search “machinedrum tm-1” some seem to have the cable, others not.

However…

This part is definitely a load of rubbish, it’s just a (nice) standard USB cable. I’ve used my TM-1 with different cables!

maybe email elektron directly?
I’d bet the tm-1 units came with a USB cable.

I love this “friends” :rofl:

I am using my tm-1 with cheap usb cable… @Flocke ask him if his friend have a machindrum?

I used different USB cables too … and I wouldn`t call me an hyper expert :wink: thx

1 Like

His friend had one, he told me. But time sometimes is relative and stretchable

1 Like

Yes, I think this too. I thought of emailing to elektron, but have been a little bit concerned about answering times. But I will do this.

godspeed :smile:

Both my MD UW mk2’s came new with a TM-1 and bog standard black USB cable. Pretty sure the nice red/black woven USB cables started with the Analog 4 and Rytm mk1’s, which was the case for me in 2014/15

6 Likes

sounds about right

Same as the others one : both my MD’s came with standard black usb cable and i got the red/black one with my AK

Thx. I watched an unboxing video for the Analog Keys I own tonight, for the Machinedrum UW+ I found none … , and there is this red/black woven USB cable.

just save yourself the headache…

And no…don t get the 5$ ones from amazon…they don’t follow the MIDI spec

Ya might want to read the title post.

This thread isn’t about MIDI solutions, it’s about a dealer who bought a unit and thinks it came with the wrong USB cable.

thats my response to not worrying about the wrong usb cable (and using a tm-1).

But if it makes any difference, mine came with a braided elektron cable. Machine manufactured dec 2015

the “friend” doesn’t know what they are talking about. the machinedrum, octatrack, and monomachine all predate the fancy red/black woven usb cables Elektron started including.

I believe the inclusion of the red and black one were around when they started including the tm1 with the device purchase.

Mine came with a free tm1 and a red and black cable.

If the MD as OP mentions was purchased in 2011, I would be pretty confident it didn’t come with the offending cable, though would have come with the TM1 if it was a UW mk2. My 2010 & 2012 UW’s sure didn’t. Maybe near end of life versions did though? That might warrant the confusion. Only way to be sure is to get in touch with Electron Support and ask.

1 Like

Update: I got a mail from Elektron s customer service.

Hi,

Back in 2011, the supplied USB cable was a standard black plastic cable. The red/black cables were introduced in 2015 or 2016.

Regards,

The problem is that the buyer seems to be a retailer type based on visual appearances, desperate for an electron signature on a standard USB cable. Then in the background there is this friend who serves as a source of knowledge. I forwarded the mail to him, he seems slightly reconciled and his ears suddenly are now cleaned after a senseless Whatsapp discussion of 30 messages. I hope, now is peace …

3 Likes

For some clarification I believe the final batch of Machinedrum units sold in 2016 shipped with the red cable. (They were initially made for Musikmesse 2015 as giveaways to promote Overbridge)

It’s not a special cable besides the look though. I had many funny interactions when they were announced - a lot people thought they were built for Overbridge and/or would magically make things sound better. :slight_smile:

9 Likes