Free Wavetables

Thanks for the update taro!

These samples are great. Tried the single-cycle ones on my Deluge the other day :+1:t2:

I hope you don’t mind but I sort of made a subset for Deluge users (got rid of the 48Khz versions and flattened the folder structure a bit as it’s a pain to navigate folders on the Deluge display) and shared them out for other Deluge users. I put in a text file crediting you for uploading them and a URL that points to this thread.

I hope you don’t mind but I sort of made a subset for Deluge users (got rid of the 48Khz versions and flattened the folder structure a bit as it’s a pain to navigate folders on the Deluge display) and shared them out for other Deluge users. I put in a text file crediting you for uploading them and a URL that points to this thread.

That’s OK.:vulcan_salute:

The source has been forgotten, but Deluge seems to add Wavetable synths in the future.

1 Like

Yes, there is a button for it but so far there is no implementation in the firmware.

Hey thanks a lot ! A question though, I downloaded the whole package, single cycle + wavetable and made a quick look at what is inside and found that every file I checked was stored in folders labelled SCW which I suppose stands for Single Cycle Waveform is there a way to differntiate wavetables from single cycle ? Sorry if I missed the obvious.

Thanks a lot ! I was, indeed missing the obvious !

It’s worth pointing out that while the article is in Japanese, Google Translate seems to do a pretty good job translating it into English :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you !! :grin:

I think DeepL is better than Google Translate.

2 Likes

thank you very much for all these you’ve contributed over the last year, they’re an absolutely perfect resource! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried these single cycles on the monomachine?

1 Like

I was about to ask the same question ^^

1 Like

Perhaps this is the right thread, because there are also free wavetables in the “free version” of @taro’s “Wavetable Box” product..

Anyway, I downloaded that to check out the Single Cycle Chords. and WOW. After about 10 minutes I could see that the free version was pretty powerful, and so the $5 version was a quick purchase. Incredibly impressed with all the chords in here, and the combinations of FM, saw, tri, square. So much variety and so many chords. Worth many times more than the $5 asking price, IMO.

I knew that @taro’s waveforms were top notch from the live track I made entirely from his free single cycle waveforms, on my Model:Samples

My OT was already the ultimate groove box for my needs. Currently diving into Octachainer to make some chains from these chord samples to make it even better. Thanks, @taro!

7 Likes

So making these chains in a per waveform type way (saw64, square64, fm64, etc) and using them on OT is giving me a serious Model:Cycles vibe.
Scrolling the slice # parameter is much like adjusting chord inversions on M:C.

OT users that love their M:C, you gotta try this!

6 Likes

Are you saying that OT users will be happy?

6 Likes

Hell yea I am.

3 Likes

Yes, one could spend the rest of the life just with the kitaro packs. Fm pack turned a4 into a very interesting sounding new percussion box, his free classic a4 drummachine fat kicks are fat.
I purchased this wtbox a long time ago but was overwhelmed by the size and strucure.
Now with your expert recomendation i try it out with pigments and bitwig sampler.
I don‘t have ot here atm, what I don‘t get yet is if the ( morpable) wavetables are also meant for ot?
Kimura has a great link titled learn how to convert wavetable to an elektron sampler:

Example: Change the waveform of 1024 samples (44.1 kHz) to 674 samples[Note C2] (44.1kHz)

1. Start Audacity

2. Import single cycle waveform.

3. Set new length to 674sample

4. Export file

Thats great. After that i already have a more or less morphable wavetable in ot?

So the reason I used quotations around “WavetableBox” product, is it also includes:

Single cycle waveforms for Elektron Machines

Wavetables have been re-synthesized into note C for use in the sampler. If you loop the waveform, you can use it as an oscillator.

The chords samples are not technically single cycles, but they are still rather short, under 1 second each and they loop perfectly for longer notes.
After chaining, with Loop turned on and Slice turned on in the OT, they’re very usable.
I put an example in the thread: Current sounds coming from your gear - #164 by AdamJay

2 Likes

Thanks a lot also for detailed ot setup. sounds impressive and i think i get the structure and idea of his folders better. So its time for dub chords in ot and wavetable experiments in software if i understood it now

( Just saw now quickly with searching more the wavetable synth on ot for experts discussion here, quite aehm
 complex
)

I add the import procedure for dt and ar owners from kitaro readme just in case someone missed it.

Example: Change the waveform of 1024 samples (44.1 kHz) to 734 samples[ Note C2 ] (48 kHz)

1. Start Audacity

2. Import single cycle waveform.

3. Change track and project rates to 48000hz

4. Select Change Speed from the effects list

5. Set new length to 734sample

6. Export file

1 Like

@AdamJay Thank you :pray:

Octatrack has a wide variety of built-in effectors, so it works well with chord samples.

The octatrack has a wide variety of built-in effectors, so it works well with chord samples.

Chord samples also work well with Ableton’s sampler. They sound great when combined with the built-in FM function. However, it’s best to turn off the sampler’s interpolation function to remove the click noise when looping.

1 Like

The App has been updated.
Added tutorials for how to create Wavetables.

1 Like

Where I can find them? Checked on the app but didn’t find’em.
Thank you! :slight_smile: