Free PPG Wavetable for your Octatrack

New member and happy new Octatrack owner here.

I got my Octatrack on Wednesday and have been spending the past few days trying to get my head around it. I am really enjoying it. Today, I ported over a DIY wavetable I made using my PPG Waveterm/Wave 2.2 combo.

I thought I would introduce myself and share the wavetable with other Octatrack users who might want a taste of that 8-bit PPG sound.

Here’s a quick six-track sequence using only sounds from the wavetable:

Here’s a zipped folder with the six-track project (just a single pattern) and wavetable inside:

http://www.theelectronicgarden.com/Scot/WAVE_TABLE.zip

Here is a fittingly fuzzy photo of the blue beasties used to make the wavetable:

5 Likes

Welcome aboard Scot.

I really would have thought you would have already had an Octatrack, colour me surprised.

Thank you, I’ll have to check this out sometime.

Thank you and welcome!!

Thanks (to both of you)
I have been waffling on the Octatrack since it came out… Mainly because I simply did not understand what all it could do. However, it has always been on the periphery of my gear lust and recently I have felt that it might give me an inspirational boost. It will clearly do so. I can already see that it will be a big part of my process.

Nice 1 Scot :slight_smile:

And welcome to the black hole hahaha

Thanks, J.m! I have to say that I am wishing I’d set my trajectory for this particular singularity long, long ago. I am enjoying the Octatrack immensely. I haven’t had this much fun with a new piece of gear for a long, long time.