Free MFB Tanzbär Lite samples

Hi, I’ve sampled my MFB Tanzbär Lite, and since I haven’t seen any sample sets floating around in the interwebs, I’ve decided to share them. There are a few Tanzbär (non-Lite) sets, but Lite got no love it seems. The Lite and non-Lite version don’t sound quite the same. Nor do two cowbell hits on the Lite :slight_smile:

Sampled to Audacity at 24 bits, 44,1 kHz on a Behringer UMC404HD, saved as 16bits with shaped dither.

Most samples are provided as 16 sample chains (equally spaced), with one parameter changed from min to max (steps depending on perceived variation of sound) - the varying parameter is indicated in the filename (“var”) .

Other sound settings are also in the sample name. I chose to keep the parameters that can be easily changed using the Octatrack (or another sampler) at a fixed value (e.g. decay time, noise amount via a non res LP filter), and vary just the parameter that is hardest to emulate on the OT (e.g. “tone”). It’s not the same as changing all parameters on the actual analog drum machine, but I find it more practical than sampling e.g. 16 ^ 3 parameter combinations :wink:

Hats: I find the Open and Closed Hat are the same (makes sense to use a single noise generator, as they cut each other off anyway), so there is only one hat sample chain, with extra long decay.

Bass drum: I sampled tone variations of the transient (click/striker) sound, and sampled just three kick body sounds (with max and min tuning), and a veeery long decay. The intention is to layer the transient with the kick body, then change the decay and tuning of kick body sound using a sampler, while keeping the transient sound pitch constant.

Rimshot is also sampled as a 16 sample chain despite having no parameter to change, as its sound varies. Well, so do all other sounds, but you can either gently LFO their samples on the OT, or buy the Tanzbär Lite :wink:

By the way, does anybody have MFB Tanzmaus samples to share? :smiley:

11 Likes

Nice one! Downloading now.
There is no such thing as too many drum samples.

2 Likes

Thankssssss :ok_hand:

1 Like

Tanzmaus samples FOUND!! :

3 Likes

Thank you :pray:
Downloaded