Four Tet + A4

usually he’s a pretty minimal artist, gear-wise. so it’s interesting to see him proudly using the A4 :raised_hands:

that said, astute Four Tet and Machinedrum fans could tell you this isn’t the first time he’s used Elektron sounds…

15 Likes

He is definitely an artist who transforms all the sounds he starts with. It’s interesting that he went with the A4 mk 2 for his current project.

It’s so inspiring to see one of my favorite artists use my same configuration of just ableton + A4! (I have the mark I, and I’m betting there’s more gear not pictured, but still… !!)

4 Likes

He’s usually ~ 95% samples/software I think.

2 Likes

A4 is the perfect device for someone who wants analog but tends to use a computer interface (overbridge) and samples/reuses bits of audio rather than make entire compositions from a source (so the four tracks isn’t really a limitation).

That actually sounds like a fun workflow, Ableton for sequencing and sampling and A4 for basic sound creation, with the limitation that you can’t pull any premade samples from the computer so if you have a sound in mind you have to create it from scratch with the A4.

3 Likes

My favorite thing about having the two is that there are opposite experiences that can be joined at the hip. If I want to get away from the screen, listen to something analog, or plock sequences, I can turn to the A4. Anything else, and the laptop has me covered. It’s a nice configuration if you’re looking to be minimal.

love him.
he should try the OT as well :upside_down_face:

1 Like
4 Likes

I remember when he said, all of this friends who bought modular gear don’t finish tracks anymore :smiley:

1 Like

Next album gear photo:
no laptop, but the complete elektron collection :wink:

2 Likes

I love seeing these sort of photos from artists.

I’m not mad on Four Tet but I do love Morning Side. A beautiful use of samples.

1 Like