Found hundreds of my old HW tracks, wow!

I was scanning through my old external harddrive and noticed a folded titled Reaper. Surprisingly, it contained hundreds of my old hardware techno tracks! Didn’t know I had these anymore and had forgotten most of them, so I decided to re-master 22 of the best of them and put them online!

They were created at least with a Monomachine, Octatrack, Tr-8, Jomox Xbase 999, Vermona DRM-1 mk3, Analog Four, Future Retro XS, Acidlab Bassline 2, x0xb0x, Ambika, Microwave XT and god knows what else.

All are hardware live jams, no computer sequencing. Some were recorded straight to 2-track, some were multitracked on a computer and mixed there. I did a quick remastering job on them, but unfortunately I’m no mastering engineer and many of them were beyond reasonable repair. They are what they are, raw live techno jams.

Here’s a link to the Soundcloud playlist:

https://soundcloud.com/user4904810/sets/detrosexuality-the-hardware-years-2007-2015

16 Likes

A lot of good ones are there ! Well done.

Some notes about the tracks, as far as I remember them:

Track Eleven

All the synths come from a Monomachine, except the acid line which comes from an Acidlab Bassline 2 (I think routing the MnM’s effects for that distorted lofi effect). Drums sound like they come from a the Monomachine as well, though not 100% sure.

Arpeggio Love 2 and 4

All the synths definitely from a Monomachine. Drums obviously from a Vermona DRM1 mk 3, easy to spot it even after such a long time since I owned it.

Monotechno 2,3,5

As the title suggests, these are all made with the Monomachine, drums included.

Barfunkelizm

Drums from the Vermona DRM 1 mk 3, synths from a Monomachine.

Deep from the Vaults of Barfunkel 3

At least some of the drums come from a Monomachine, I recognize them easily. The kick might be something else, probably the Vermona. Synths from the Monomachine as well.

Minimal Techno 2

Again a Vermona + MnM track. Strangely, most of the best ones amongst the hundreds came from this combo, despite me being a bit critical about both units.

Minimal Techno Loop 2 and 3

Same as above I think.

Tekhno Minimalism 5

Acid line from a X0xb0x. The drums probably from a Roland TR-8, the rest of the synths from an Analog Four.

Tekno 1

X0xb0x, TR-8, Analog Four again.

Hoodism 4’

TR-8, Analog Four.

Detrosexual Dreams

Drums from a Jomox Xbase 999. I wish I had given the drums a more varied arrangement, I think this would be an ace track with that (plus a better mixdown). Synths from a Monomachine, acid line from an Acidlab Bassline 2, the deep bassline might be from a Future Retro XS, as I owned one back then.

Track Nine

Drums are from an Octatrack, synths are mostly from an Analog Four, except one that’s from an Ambika through a Big Sky.

Jazz Is The Preacher

Synths all come from an Analog Four, drums from a TR-8 I think.

I’m not from Detroit, I’m from Järvenpää Bitches

Same as above.

Lofi Techno Adventure

Drums from a TR-8, through one of it’s effects that I really liked. I think it’s in the reverb bank but it’s not a reverb, but kinda like a poor man’s OTO Biscuit. Synths from an Analog Four.

Possibly Epic, Definitely Boring

Drums TR-8, rest from the A4.

Posthangoverism

Monomachine synths, drums probably from the Vermona.

Another Day, Another Horse

Drums from a TR-8, through a Boss BX-8 mixer, synths from an Analog Four.

All in all, I’m pretty satisfied with these, considering they’re just hardware jams, mostly recorded straight to 2 track.

2 Likes

Good vibes. Thank you.

I’m really enjoying these, Arpeggio Love 2 in particular. Cheers for the track notes!

These are sick. Not raw like most hardware only jams, but quite polished. What you’d expect from the finnish dreamboat.

:smiling_imp:

I had to remaster the hell out of these though, they were originally super bassy, like straight to 2-track recordings tend to be. They might still be too bassy for club play, despite me doing some extreme EQ cuts.

If someone wants to download these, hit me a note! I have them as 320kpbs MP3’s in one download pack.

Also available is my best ITB works the last 2 years, as a single DL pack.

Enjoying working my way through these … thanks for posting and for sharing your gear notes.