Forming jam group in norcal?

I am looking to forming a local meet jam group to play open mic sessions with Elektron and synth folks similar to the Open Oscillator group I was involved with before in socal. Any ideas how to get this started without spending a ton of cash?

If you haven’t already considered it, start out with a MeetUp group to bring together local enthusiasts of a similar frame of mind to yourself, while simultaneously scouting a venue/ bar etc which is possibly open to some joyful noise being made by guaranteed, regular (however often your MeetUp is) paying customers - your group.
Alternatively, you can stipulate that MeetUp members will be equally charged towards the rental of a rehearsal space.

But I’d be wary of publicising the fact that there will be a nice collection of expensive items in one place until you can be certain that those who participate can be trusted or there is some kind of reliable security at your chosen venue. It might advisable to keep the MeetUp purely social and let private jam groups evolve from it over time.

1 Like

Sacramento area. I am thinking of Meetup to start with but there is a cost associated with it. If we can get 5-10 folks to do open mike nights that would be awesome! Yes, don’t advertise expensive gear.

I checked and it is $10 a month for the basic fee so I can spring that and once more join we can all pitch in for drinks and so forth.

1 Like

But there’s only one @Open_Mike! I’d pitch in to buy him a drink of kombucha or whatever he’s in to.

4 Likes