Force trig keep ringing after a new trig has been activated

New with OT MKII and I am not sure how to find the following on the manual.

On Track 3, in Record mode “O” I place a trig on step 1 and another one on step 9 (which is parameter locked to a different sample). Is it possible to force the first first trig keep ringing (its not gated/cut) when the trig on step 9 activates?

I have tried to allow the amp hold to infinity, to loop it, etc but I do not get the desired result.
On the smaller Elektron devices this is done by simply determining the length but here even when length is at 128 the sound will cut for trig 9 to activate and and trig 1 only reactivates when we return to step 1.

Schematic below.

Octatrack has monophonic tracks, each track can only play one sample at a time; you’ll need to use two separate tracks to achieve what you want.

You could re-sample the two tracks to make one 16-step sample, and then put that new sample on one track, but I’m not sure if that works for your purposes or not.

4 Likes

No. All audio tracks are monophonic. One sound a time. You need polyphony for what you want to achieve, or use 2 tracks as described above.