Footswitch pedal for changing patterns?

If you’re still talking about changing patterns using MIDI Program Change messages, then you have two devices that can do that:

It’s probably easier to work in Single Mode and set the Global MIDI channel number on the Venom. You need to set it to the same number that is set on the M:S for the PCH IN setting in the CONFIG > MIDI > IN CHAN menu of the M:S, described on page 40 of the manual.

As you said I don’t know exactly if I had the m:s in proper configuration hahahah but it’s working to do the midi mouse method:

But now this must means as u mentioned if I can use the venom keyboard midi to send a key message from 1-16 to the M:S is could change the pattern from whatever key I press to that pattern trig key number

That’s great!

You cannot use the Venom’s keys to change the pattern on the M:S without buying additional hardware. The only thing that would work is to change program on the Venom and then the M:S can also change its pattern.

As far as I know, you cannot easily transpose a sequence in the way you want with the equipment you have.

Ok, I was able to test both devices and it’s working but ideally I prefer the foot midi mouse method because it wouldn’t make sense to use the venom with all of its sound libraries and abilities i would not want to occupy it entirely up for just this single program change use. So this helps everything move forward productively.
Now I just need too get a hub midi in and thrus expander to make use of all my other devices.

Sincerely,

Thank you.

1 Like