Footswitch pedal for changing patterns?

Hi All,

Is it possible to use some foot switch pedal (like Boss FS-6) to change patterns on the fly?

Cheers,

No. Model:Samples does not allow control by an ordinary mechanical footswitch.

External control is only possible by using MIDI messages.

3 Likes

Sure, but not with Boss FS-6, youā€™ll need a MIDI foot controller that can send program changes, I believe the Behringer board does this.

I donā€™t own the Model but Iā€™ve changed patterns on my Digitakt. I use a keith MacMillian softstep 2. Since it can be done with the dt who knows. blessings

I can confirm MIDI Mouse works very well.

2 Likes

Hey,
do you think the ā€œDisaster Area: DMC.microā€ would also work for program changes? IĀ“m pretty sure but not buying-it-without-reassurence-sure :sweat_smile:. HereĀ“s a Link: https://www.loopersparadise.de/de/index.php?p=2482

Thanks!
Manuel

Iā€™m thinking of purchasing the midi mouse based on your recommendation. Could you provide a little more detail? Like how it works? Or general setup

1. Midi out of midi mouse in midi in of M:S
    M:S MIDI config:
  2. In Chan -> PCH In = AUT (1 works too)
  3. Sync Clk In = ON
  4. Use Down/Up buttons on Midi mouse to switch patterns on M:S
1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome! Thank you!

No worries, hope it helps!

The actual midi setup/section that I have, and found quite powerful with M:S, looks like this:

Cheers,
Dmitry

2 Likes

Nice! I have the ditto x4. Howā€™s the pigtronix? What do you use the other midi pedal for? Tap tempo?

Pigtronix is very good (and doesnā€™t suck any juice from my bass). Second pedal sends the tempo and starts the M:S track (!) on ā€˜Oneā€™

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard of the 34one from ploytec.

The midi mouse worked! 1 extra setting in the midi syncā€¦PCH in has to be set to on as well. Thank you! Iā€™m very thankful.

1 Like

Forgot about that one :slight_smile: Glad to hear it worked for you! Cheers!

Is ploytec A Russian pedal? Does it send a midi start message after the tap in?

I think itā€™s German company, Russia is not producing anything remotely useful recently (except of weapons maybe :frowning:
Yes, it triggers the M:S pattern (as I said) on one i.e. it may be used to add M:S pattern to the analog mix (with live drummer) on the fly with the right bpm (takes practice to do it confidently)
It also sends the stop message to M:S (long press), makes it totally hands free.

And you connect that via usb?

Midi only

1 Like

Thank you!