Foot-switch and Expression Pedal Recomendations

Hello Everyone!
Can anyone recommend some Expression Pedals and Foot-switches that work with well with Elektron Gear?
I have an A4, OT and AR.
I am thinking of using some kind of footswitch/pedal combination with Guitar, OT and the Analog Heat.
Is a MIDI foot-controller like the Berhinger FCB 1010 or a SoftStep from Keith Millen (or something similar) worth the investment?
For starters, I just want the ability to change the presents on the Heat and control some parameters like volume and tempo.(and also Pick-up Machines on the OT) I understand that a footswitch and an expression pedal are all I need to accomplish this but I feel that this would ultimately be limiting (please correct me if I’m wrong)
So, Can Pedal boards like the two mentioned above do all this?
Love to hear from someone who has a similar set-up!

Peace and Love!

Adrian Bestium.

1 Like

The Behringer does, what the specs say. I have it since a while in the studio and no complains so far. Just compare the commands you need and what the Behringer can send. It’s quite flexible and not too expensive :wink:

http://www.gordius.be/index.php

Thanks for the reply! I will check it out.

1 Like

None of the Analog Four, Analog Rytm, or Octatrack have sockets for conventional analog footswitches or pedals.

The Analog Heat does have two inputs for switches and pedals, which can be used to control the sound parameters (like levels and filter settings) listed in Appendix B of the manual. Any conventional pedal or switch should work.

In order to remotely change preset on the AH, you would need a MIDI control pedal that can send MIDI Program Change messages. To control sound parameters (as listed in Appendix A of the manual) by MIDI, the control pedal would need to send MIDI Control Change or NRPN messages.

The FCB1010 can be programmed to send any of these messages directly. The SoftStep can also do this, but requires a USB host like a computer or the KMI MIDI Expander to connect it to the AH.

On the OT, pickup machines and other sequencer operations can be controlled using MIDI Note messages. Again, both the FCB1010 and SoftStep (with USB host) can do this.

2 Likes

You should also search the forum for previous discussion relating to the OT: