Foot controller with Digitakt?

If it is accurate that there will be no song mode on the Digitakt (which seems to be an almost mindblowingly bad decision considering the obvious potential for this product to be the “hub” for small bands playing live), does anyone have experience with using midi foot controllers to switch between patterns on this type of sequencer?

Bump…

It seems there will be an advanced chain mode that could work for you, details not revealed yet. With a foot controller that sends program change you’ll be able to select pattern…

Thanks for the reply. As long as it’s possible to switch patterns with some kind of foot controller, that makes it relevant and suddenly far more interesting from a guitarist-/synth player-point of view.

I imagine you’ll be able to press your controller and have the pattern change after the current ones done playing for fluid timing… If you have any other Elektron it will follow their song mode.
The chain mode will help a lot too for song structure…
FWIW my main instrument is guitar and I also loop keys and vocals, and have gotten along just fine without using song mode…

1 Like

Any updates on this? I’m a guitarist, and I want to be able to use some form of pedal board to switch between patterns while performing live. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!