Folding stand for Digitakt/Digitone?

Has anyone seen a folding stand for the smaller Elektron units?

Similar to this:

or the Company Of Quail stands?

I’d like a 2 tier stand, but I’d want something that can be compact for travel/ using elsewhere in the house, etc.

Now that you mention it. It SHOULDNT be too hard to rig up a couple of VESA stands to act as a folding stand.

A lot of them already have adjustable components

I got a couple of these for my DT and Circuit. They are adjustable from all most flat to very steep and work great.

Laptop Stand, Adjustable… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TD63B99

1 Like

Oh that looks great! Might get a few. Has some nice room under it for cables if behind a unit. Thanks!

@nyx9000 You have a picture or is it pretty much an exact fit?

Yes, thanks for the replies. I’ve seen some of these collapsible stands, and that is an option, but what I’m looking for is a metal or wood case that folds in half , sort of like the Buchla modular cases, or as mentioned, the company of quail folding Elektron stand that’s made for the older MK1 units:

1 Like

Oh gotcha. I mean there would be some space on the sides but they are of the same depth? Unless you want a perfect fit which makes perfect sense heh

i just got 4 of these a couple weeks ago! i definitely like how they fold up much better than trying to pack the ikea stands i was using before i got these.

i wish the top tier of the C.o.Q. could lay back more. I never got along with the angle of the top tier.

Yes, it was a little steep. When I had it, I kept my octatrack on top, and my AR on the bottom as that was more conducive to ‘playing’ since it had pads.

Wish I had the time to experiment with designing something.

1 Like

Not a great picture but it’s a good fit. It is raised about 1/2” so thin cables can pass under it. In this pic you can see a silver tab-shaped thing at upper right back of the DT, that’s the extent of the stand. It sticks out about the same as the cables.

1 Like

Nice! Yeah I was pretty stoked to find these, they’re cheapish and really adaptable and they have some clearance underneath to let cords pass under.

1 Like

Yea seems like it works out nice! Thanks for sharing

nice find! thanks for sharing. these are great for all kinds of machines around the studio.

This is my personal favorite one. AmazonBasics brand, $16, easily folds into a mostly flat single piece. Lightweight yet sturdy. Nice angle too.

I tested and found that it works great with Digitakt/Digitone/Heat, so I bought 2 more…

4 Likes

Sorry to necro an old thread but seems relevant!

does anyone have experience using something like this for DT/A4 MKI form factors?

I want something that folds flat as they will be used on a pull out keyboard shelf then folded down when the shelf is pushed back under the desk. Also would like a high viewing angle to save my neck during long song mode sessions :smiley:

(wouldn’t it be cool if you could view the song mode params in OB app on your computer monitor? :D)

2 Likes

I use these. You can get them in metal though which are better as the plastic ones are a little too lightweight. They work fine for digi and also A4/AR sizes.

1 Like

Yeah, I haven’t ordered it yet but I had my eye on this one:

There are quite a few different brands but they all look pretty similar

1 Like

I got a couple of the plastic version, I wanted the metal versions but I couldn’t find any that had the sharp angle I wanted. They work great for the A4 and DT, a little fiddly to put up and down but does the job just fine! only paid £10 each approx so would recommend for anyone looking for a cost effective collapsible stand.