FM dubstep bass

I already own AR and A4 and I’m considering buying a Monomachine for FM synthesis (I already have a volca fm4 but I hate programming it).
I’d like to hear some deep, dubsteb FM basses from the monomachine before buying. thanks.

Wait till after NAMM to move for it :elmm:

2 Likes

I don’t think Elektron will release a new machine… too many bugs to fix on current ones.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I think they might…

2 Likes

MnM is my favorite bass synth. The FM and wavetable machines are insane. Even just the plain sine wave + lfo on overdrive is great for all manner of sub sounds. It’s the main bass on most of my tracks, but you might like this one in particular.

6 Likes

MnM is my all time favourite synth. You can make huge basses and wobbly too!

3 Likes

one of the best parts about it is how easy it is to layer tracks for huge stacked sounds. Resample with OT or RYTM and its game over.

1 Like

I will wait for namm :crossed_fingers:
thanks

1 Like

The MnM was my first elektron box. I made some nice sounds with it but on the whole I hated it … could not (under)stand the envelopes and found it way too limited in some ways.

this is a frikkin great track mate! going ASAP to listen to your soundcloud :smiley:

1 Like

FWIW, I use my A4 for midrange, growly stuff all the time. Its quite good for that. I know the Monomachine would give you a lot more tones to work with, but have I’d just ask yourself if you’ve exhausted the A4 for the sounds you are after. I also suggest this knowing that proper FM synthesis figures into a lot of the sounds you are after. These days I’m just about making sure I’m that I’m getting the most of what I’ve got and turning to spending money as a last resort.

Much easier to use plugins for crazy FM dubstep bass. Massive modulation normally involved via advanced envelopes and lfos much more common in software plugs

Bitwig, anyone? :wink: