Flightcase advice for 2xElektron on stand

Hi!

I have 2 x Elektron Machines on this stand -

I’m looking for a hard case that will allow me to disconnect the two machines from my studio, and put both straight into the case without having to unscrew from the stand.
Ideally I would like to then take the two machines, still on the stand and now in a flight case to a gig where I could perform with the machines still in the flight case (removable front and top sides I’m guessing) and then put the lid back on and take them back to my studio.

Has anyone found a suitable solution to this?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

That sounds very specific. I doubt you’ll find a solution that isn’t custom made. But there’s tons of flight case companies out there that are happy to make you a case exactly to your specifications. I guess it will run you around 300€. But if you use it a lot and travel a lot it is a great investment.

2 Likes

My advice is to look at thé thon live 12 hé…

Do you mean this one? https://www.thomann.de/gb/thon_rack_12he_live_50_rollen.htm?sid=45d3f7384ec8078c20442721c0c6f9d9

Thanks! Was hoping for an off the shelf solution, but seems it may have to be a custom case

Well was thinking at this one
But you needsome rack ears
You dont even have to unplug

Ok thank you, not sure this would work for me, as I would like to keep the machines on the stand I use in the studio. Instead of having to dismantle and then reattach to rack ears and then attach into the case you suggested. Would work perfectly otherwise. Space is at a premium in my studio so wouldn’t be able to keep them racked in that case.

OK i was thinking this if you wanted to ditch your stand instead for this solution

Would be ideal if so, but just can’t fit that case in my available space on my workstation at the studio

Any more ideas guys? Thanks for all suggestions :slight_smile: Looking for something UK/Europe based

Hey man, I need the same thing! Have you found anything in the end?

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQxo3NTM0j0

In a standard flightcase, will be my solution eventually :slight_smile:

For that frame, a large square case required. Not gonna be ‘carry on plane’ friendly. Agreed might require custom built also = expensive.

Have you considered a folding elektron frame? That frees up a lot more options regarding a case that can be used for carry on luggage, and still meets your requirements.

Edit: I see from YouTube link that u have considered this.

1 Like

Easiest will be unlinking the machines and putting them in a peli 1510. It’s the perfect size for 2 elektrons. I get what you’re going for but the cost and hassle of keeping them locked in their ears far outweighs the practicality of not having to remove them, IMO.

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/2X/9/9118995e742fa0745fa91345d692649d273cb346.JPG

This is the best of both worlds IMO. Works in a studio context, and is easily folded up and transported in a live situation

3 Likes

I like that. Is there a flight case that can hold two side by side. As a bonus is there any that can have two mounted to the lid portion as well. I’d like to have 4 in one box but I don’t have to have that. What do y’all use as stands but can move to a gig without have to tear everything down between home and playing out?

What I don’t like about it is that the machine on the bottom is in a flat position. Is there any way to incline it?

1 Like

I do agree! My plan was to wedge the back up a bit in the studio